Dominic Keegan-Baseball

Posted by on Monday, May 3, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Dominic Keegan
Baseball
Junior
Communication Studies

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because of the opportunity it provided me, athletically and academically. Playing in the SEC and attending one of the top academic schools in the country, I knew I would be getting the most out of my college experience.

My career goal is to stay within the game of baseball, either as a coach or working in the front office of a professional team.

In order to be academically successful here at Vanderbilt, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. You must be willing to handle the adversity that comes your way.

I manage my schedule by planning out my week in advance, and then I carry out that plan to the best of my ability.

I do not have a ritual before taking a test, just praying that I do well.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

I consider Sara Sanders, my Student Services Coordinator to be the unsung hero in my academic success at Vanderbilt. Sara is always positive and motivating us to do better in classes. Sara also helps with the scheduling piece, making sure we stay on top of our work.

Favorite quote?

“You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps