Celina Sattelkau-Women’s Golf

Posted by on Monday, May 3, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Celina Sattelkau
Women’s Golf
Sophomore
Psychology

The second I stepped on campus, I knew that this was the perfect place for me. Vanderbilt combines excellent academics with great athletics, but also provides a balanced social life. There is absolutely no downside to Vanderbilt and it just feels amazing. I am so thankful for having the opportunity to go to and play for Vanderbilt.

My main goal right now is to become a professional golfer and chase my dream of becoming an Olympic athlete. Other than that, I am super interested in psychology as well as the environment.  I can also see myself doing something with either or both of these areas. No matter if golf works out or not, I am certain that I will always continue to educate myself and advocate for the things that I am interested in and passionate about.

It takes good time management skills as well motivation to be academically successful at Vanderbilt. It is quite challenging as a student-athlete, therefore, a mix between dedication and relaxation is necessary.

I try to make sure I have a good balance between all the different parts of my life, including golf, school, social life, and alone time. This is very important to me in order to function best. Thus, using time effectively is of high importance.

Always have enough to drink and eat close, as well as massage my earlobes as it increases blood flow to the brain (I learned that in 3rd grade in primary school).

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

I would consider my curiosity to be essential, but often not recognized to my academic success. I love learning new things and I think motivation is the main factor of my academic success.

Favorite quote?

“Scientia potentia est.” – Sir Francis Bacon