Ruby Stauber-Women’s Track & Field

Posted by on Friday, April 2, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Ruby Stauber
Women’s Track & Field
Communication Studies

I chose Vanderbilt because of the unique combination of academic and athletic excellence. Vanderbilt is one of the top universities in the country and competes in the SEC, which allows me to pursue my goals on and off the track.

I’m passionate about sports in general, so I’d like to work in the marketing department for a collegiate or professional sports team.

Time management is important. The demands in and outside the classroom are high, so taking advantage of a few minutes here or there adds up. Having time to relax is important too. I’m a big believer in recovery, both physically and mentally.

I like making to-do lists. They help me prioritize and organize my work. Starting assignments early helps, too. Even if I don’t finish them until later, I don’t have to cram in the end.

I’m not superstitious about tests, but I try to get as much sleep as possible the night before; at least 8 hours.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

Definitely my teammates. They’re always studying or doing work, which motivates me to do the same.

Favorite quote?

“Success is rented, not owned, and rent is due everyday.” – Rory Vaden