Cooper Davis-Baseball

Posted by on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Cooper Davis
Baseball
Major: Sociology

The reason that I chose to attend Vanderbilt is because I believe it to be the best combination of athletics and academics in the country. Vanderbilt provides me with an opportunity to engage with the best on the field as well as in the classroom.

My career goals are to pursue a career in the game of baseball for as long as possible, after which I aspire to pursue a career in aviation as a pilot or another job within the airline industry.

In order to be successful at Vanderbilt as a student-athlete, it is necessary to learn to manage your time efficiently and to communicate effectively with your professors.

In order to manage my demanding schedule, I make lists of tasks that need to be done throughout each week and each day. This helps to eliminate some of the underlying stresses of being a student-athlete by having all of my upcoming deadlines in front of me, and ticking off each one as it is completed.  This makes it easier to give priority where it is needed when there are so many things on my plate.

Before tests I like to put away my notes and take a couple of minutes to listen to music or watch a video. This helps me to clear my head and to relax before the test so that way when the test starts I am not as nervous and can focus better.

Favorite quote?

“You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.” – Wayne Gretzky