Macsen Sisam-Men’s Tennis

Posted by on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Macsen Sisam
Men’s Tennis
Sophomore
Major: Human & Organizational Development

When looking at colleges, I wanted to be able to go somewhere that I could continue to train and compete at the highest level while at the same time, gaining a first class education. When I came on my visit and spent time with my future teammates, I knew Vanderbilt was the place for me.

After I have finished with my tennis career, I see myself working somewhere in the corporate world or owning and running my own business someday.

To be academically successful at Vanderbilt, you need to be disciplined and use all the resources available to you, such as tutors. It is also important to ask your professors questions. They are committed to teaching and helping you achieve your best.

I manage my schedule by using the academic resources available to us as student-athletes. I keep in contact with my professors so they know when I am going to be travelling and we are able to anticipate scheduling problems and deal with them in advance. When on campus, I like to collaborate with my fellow students so we can work efficiently and keep on task with assignments and quizzes.

Before I take a test, I like to study hard right up to the last minute. I know this is not the ideal, but it works for me. I feel I produce my best under pressure. I know there will be time to relax after the test so I do not get stressed.

Favorite quote?

“Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali