Gwyn Devin-Lacrosse

Posted by on Monday, March 2, 2020 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Gwyn Devin
Lacrosse
Major: Medicine, Health & Society; Spanish

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because it offers every aspect of college life that I find important. It has an amazing city, rigorous academics, competitive division I athletics and an inclusive environment in general. Vanderbilt gives me the chance to seize all opportunities academically, athletically and socially.

I hope to become a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner working in Oncology some day.

It takes a hard worker to be academically successful at Vanderbilt. It takes someone who is willing to go out of their way to meet with a professor, organize a group meeting or study with friends. I find that my work ethic translates positively into my academic success.

I make sure I always give myself “me” time although I have a very busy schedule. I think that penciling in me time makes me manage time much better. I also refer to a planner that I have to make sure my schedule is written out so I never run into any conflicts. Most of all, I love being a student athlete! Although it’s busy, I love the fast paced lifestyle and that makes it easier to manage.

I don’t really have any rituals before taking tests. But I’m a huge note card girl! I always refer to them before the test.

Favorite quote?

“Great moments are born from great opportunity.” – Herb Brooks