Sara Tsai-Women’s Cross Country

Posted by on Wednesday, July 31, 2019 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Sara Tsai
Women’s Cross Country
Senior/Graduate Student
Major: Mechanical Engineering

I chose Vanderbilt because I wanted to be able to pursue both my academic and athletic goals. Vanderbilt provides a unique opportunity to be part of one the best academic institutions in the country while also providing top tier athletic competition in the SEC.

I don’t know what my career path looks like quite yet, but I know I will find fulfillment in my job if I am in an environment that encourages growth and learning. I hope to work for a company that has goals and initiatives geared toward creating a more sustainable world.

Being academically successful at Vanderbilt requires dedication, focus, and tenacity.  Classes can be demanding, but professors and the athletic academic center provide great resources for us to perform at our best in the classroom.  Knowing where to go for help has saved me hours of unnecessary struggling!

Google Calendar!  Sometimes the grind of balancing school, running, and life can be challenging, and at times one category of your life will have to take a back seat so you can focus on the others. At the end of the day, I try to dedicate my time to what makes me feel most fulfilled.

I go to Grins, take a walk outside, and listen to some music.

“I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.” -Elon Musk