Stephen Scott-Baseball

Posted by on Friday, May 31, 2019 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Stephen Scott
Baseball
Major: Economics

I wanted to go to a school that challenged me both academically and physically and Vanderbilt was the best fit for me.

After baseball I hope to develop a career as a financial advisor so that I can help young baseball players responsibly invest the money they earn in order to accomplish goals throughout their life.

Being successful at Vanderbilt requires good time management skills and knowing how to work efficiently in order to complete all assignments on time.

I tried to take each semester week by week. This allowed me to focus on the tasks that were in front of me and not be overwhelmed by future assignments. 

I look over my class notes and complete any study guides that the professors may provide.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt