Patrick Martin-Men’s Golf

Posted by on Thursday, December 20, 2018 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Patrick Martin
Men’s Golf
Major: Human & Organizational Development

I chose Vanderbilt because of Coach Limbaugh. I knew with his leadership and the players around me, that I would have the opportunity to be a part of something special. Vanderbilt as a strong academic institution was a huge plus as well in my decision.

My career goals are to play on the PGA tour and strive to be the #1 player in the world.

It takes discipline and a willingness to build a relationship with your professors. Having trust with the professor and letting them know you care makes academic success attainable as an athlete at Vanderbilt.

I don’t necessarily have a formula for getting my assignments and practice done. I’ve always had to juggle these two lifestyles. I guess over time I have started to learn how to prioritize my work. Being pushed against a deadline is how I work best. As an athlete, I believe that getting ahead is almost impossible, so understanding I cannot put 100% into everything I do frees me up to get my work done.

Read over notes. I also like to re-write notes down for memory. I prefer studying in the morning versus at night.

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” – Vince Lombardi