Jackie Welch-Soccer

Posted by on Monday, October 1, 2018 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Jackie Welch
Soccer
Major: Human & Organizational Development

I chose to come to Vanderbilt because of the mix of athletics and academics. Not to mention, Nashville is an amazing city with so much to do. The first time I visited the campus, I immediately felt a sense of comfort because of how important community is to everybody at Vanderbilt.

Looking into my short term career goals, I’d like to go into marketing and that’s where I’ve spent most of my efforts thus far. Looking further into the future, I’d like to be an executive recruiter specializing in CMO’s.

To be academically successful at Vanderbilt, I’ve found that it is crucial to stay on top of your work and create strong relationships with your professors.

I honestly think it makes it easier to handle a schedule when you have a lot going on.  I have a similar schedule every day and have very little free time, so I’m aware that during that free time I have to get my work done. It has really helped me become better at time management.

Before taking a test, I always try to get a good night of sleep. I also try to put myself in a test-like environment when I’m studying, and write with the same pencil that I would end up taking the test with.

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” -Tim Notke