Gabrielle Rademaker-Soccer

Posted by on Monday, August 6, 2018 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Gabrielle Rademaker
Soccer
Major: Child Development and Medicine, Health & Society

Vanderbilt was my dream school and it checked off every box for me. I loved that it had the balance between academics and athletics. It’s in Nashville which is my favorite city, and I have wanted to play in the SEC since I was a kid!

My career goals are to be a pediatric nurse practitioner and work for Doctors Without Borders and then later down the road start a non-profit with Nia and Lauren, two of my teammates.

A lot of hard work and time management. My life is my planner and without it I’d be lost. I think the organization and time management really is what keeps you successful at Vanderbilt along with the willingness to put in the hard work. Oh and the writing tutors, they have helped me so much in the last four years.

Like I said in the answer above my planner really helps me manage everything, and having your friends/teammates with similar schedules helps so much as well.

I really don’t have one. I usually wake up a little earlier than usual to study the last bit with a huge cup of coffee. Then right before I start taking the test I send up a quick prayer, take one giant breath to calm my nerves and then start taking it.

“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” -Nelson Mandela