Paxton Stover-Baseball

Posted by on Friday, March 30, 2018 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Paxton Stover
Baseball
Major: Medicine, Health and Society

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because of its academic prestige amongst the best universities in the country. I also understood the value of earning a degree from Vanderbilt.

I plan on pursuing a second Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering after graduating from Vanderbilt.  I hope to obtain a successful career in the field of mechanical engineering.

In order to academically succeed at Vanderbilt, one must be willing to use all the resources that are available.  I found it extremely helpful to meet with professors and tutors that helped me understand the material.

I manage my demanding schedule by taking full advantage of the very little free time that I receive in order to keep up with my classes.

I just use the notes that I have taken in class in order to create a study guide containing information that I feel will be on the test, and I continuously look over that days prior to the test.  I also like to wake up earlier on test days in order to look over the study guide again.

“Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.”  – Jack Canfield