Danae O’Halloran-Women’s Soccer

Posted by on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Danae O’Halloran
Women’s Soccer
Major: Medicine, Health and Society

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because its one of the top schools in the country academically, and the SEC is a competitive conference. Not to mention I love country music, so Nashville was right up my alley.

After I graduate I would love to play soccer professionally overseas, and then eventually enter the real world as a nurse after attending nursing school.

To be successful academically at Vandy you have to manage your time around practice, games, and meetings. Also taking advantage of the resources that we are offered as student-athletes helps greatly.

I manage my demanding schedule by getting my schoolwork completed early in the day because I am a morning person, and work best at that time. A few cups of coffee always helps too!

My ritual before taking a test is getting my usual 8 hours of sleep and reviewing the info an hour before the exam to ensure it’s fresh on my brain.

My favorite quote is “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald