Sarah Bell-Women’s Track and Field

Posted by on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Sarah Bell
Women’s Track and Field
Major: Medicine, Health and Society

Vanderbilt was a university that I could not turn down. The school offers a first class education paired with athletic opportunities that are beyond compare. The girls and coaches on the track team made me feel right at home and I knew this was a place that would help me grow and prosper both on and off the track.

My career goals would be to work as a medical sales representative where I can combine both of my passions for business and medicine.

It takes a lot of focus and determination to be academically successful at Vanderbilt. The course loads are not easy and it is imperative to always work hard and put forth your best effort each day.

Having to balance athletic commitments and classroom commitments can be a job in and of itself. I try to take advantage of any free time through out the day to work on homework and stay ahead of schedule. I do my best to get my work done after practice as quickly and efficiently as possible to get a good night sleep and prepare myself to be the best I can be for the following day.

I think it is important to go into every test with a positive attitude and confidence in yourself. I always just tell myself that I am ready, I trust in my studying, and I say a quick prayer for a little extra help from above.

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11