Sydney Campbell-Women’s Tennis

Posted by on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

img_9827Sydney Campbell
Women’s Tennis
Major: Medicine, Health and Society

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because I loved the family atmosphere that the athletics department has as well as the  amazing educational opportunity Vanderbilt offers.

I am planning to start a career in Real Estate post graduation and I am excited to begin this new adventure!

It takes discipline and hard work to be academically successful at Vanderbilt. There are so many resources for students at Vanderbilt and if they are used correctly it can help propel a student to be the best they can be academically, athletically, and just as a person.

I try and have as much routine as possible to make my busy schedule seem normal and keep me from becoming overwhelmed. I try to plan out my week as best I can on Sunday nights and refer to my planner every day to keep me on track!.

I try to get a good night’s sleep and wake up a bit early to go over the material one more time and make sure I have gone through any topics that might give me trouble on the exam. I also make sure and have a big healthy breakfast the morning of any exam to start my day off right.

“Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right” – Henry Ford