Nicole Powell-Bowling

Posted by on Thursday, September 1, 2016 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Nicole Powell
Bowling
Major: Economics

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because it offered me the best of both worlds, a top-tier education and the chance to compete collegiately at a D1 institution.

I have been accepted into the Owen Business School here at Vandy for the Masters of Accountancy program. I would like to obtain my CPA certification and ultimately work in a university finance department or for a major sports team.

In my opinion, it is extremely important to treat the classroom like being on the lanes. If I want to be successful on the lanes, I work as hard as I can, and I use this same mentality when tackling the tough classes that Vandy offers.

I make a study plan at the beginning of each week and space out my workload and I definitely utilize my phone’s calendar to keep track of everything!

I make sure I get a good night of sleep and eat a good breakfast because it is impossible for me to stay focused if I’m exhausted.

“Once you start appreciating life, that’s when you realize how much you truly have to live for.” – Anonymous