Marley Sternberg-Lacrosse

Posted by on Friday, July 1, 2016 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Marley Sternberg
Lacrosse
Junior
Major: Cognitive Studies

Vanderbilt is the perfect mix of strong academics and athletics with the added bonus of being in a really fun and exciting city that I probably never would have gotten the chance to experience if I did not go to school here.

I’m still trying to decide exactly what I want to do, but I really like managerial consulting and financial consulting especially for social enterprises and health care companies.

I think to be academically successful at Vanderbilt, you can’t be afraid to put in the effort and ask for help.  I think if you want it enough and are willing to admit that you sometimes need help from peers or teachers, you can be very successful.

I think having a demanding schedule is a gift in the way that it gives you less time to waste.  Knowing that you only have a limited time to complete a project kind of forces you to get it done without leaving time to give into distractions.

I usually stay up a little later on nights before a test going over practice problems or rewriting information I need to remember.  I then wake up a little earlier than usual the day of the test so I have time to grab some food and look over my notes in the morning.

“Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn’t let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could.”  -Coach Gaines, Friday Night Lights