Emma Dagres-Lacrosse

Posted by on Tuesday, March 1, 2016 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Emma Dagres
Lacrosse
Major: Leadership and Organizational Communications

I chose to attend Vanderbilt for a variety of reasons, including the prestigious academics, beautiful campus, and growing city, but most importantly, I came to Vanderbilt to be a part of another family – the lacrosse team. The culture of the program and the girls on the team were unlike any other school I visited. The nine other girls in my class became my best friends even before we stepped onto the campus in August of our freshmen year. I am so grateful that I chose to attend Vanderbilt.

Right now I am focused on starting my new job next fall at DigitasLBi in Boston, MA. It is a digital advertising agency that I fell in love with when I interned there this past summer. My goal at the moment is to prepare myself for the job and post-grad life. In the future, I hope to work in a field that involves children.

In order to be academically successful here, you must have a strong work ethic and love for learning. You will not be successful if you simply go through the motions and do not put in the effort. If you work hard and dive into the assignments you are given, you will thrive. Although some days may be tough and you might feel worn out throughout the semester, maintaining a passion about school will lead to greater success.

I stay organized and manage my schedule by using an agenda notebook that I am obsessed with. I customized it online because I knew I would be looking at it every day for a year. I make lists, I cross things off my list, I use sticky notes, and I make daily schedules. All of these techniques help me to manage my time in a way that is organized, practical, and fun.

I don’t have a ritual before taking a test. I just tell myself that I am ready and, “let’s do this.”

“What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.”
– Buddha