Spencer Pulley-Football

Posted by on Tuesday, December 1, 2015 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Spencer Pulley
Football
Major: Human and Organizational Development

Growing up in Memphis, TN, I always wanted to attend Vanderbilt.  The reputation of the school is impeccable, and when I visited the school I loved every part of it.

Through my time at Vanderbilt I have discovered that I am very interested in finance and accounting.  I plan to attend an accounting graduate program and then work in the field of accounting.  There are many different career paths that branch from this beginning, and I am very excited to begin the journey.

To be academically successful at Vanderbilt students must be extremely dedicated to their personal growth in all areas of their lives.  There are many resources that are available to students at Vanderbilt, and it is essential that students use these resources to be successful.

Throughout my time here at Vanderbilt, I have had to develop major time management skills.  It is important to know and understand your schedule and the work that is required of you.  At the beginning of every semester and of each week within the semester, it is important to lay out your schedule and become as organized as possible.

Before taking a test, it’s always important to study, complete your work, and use your resources, but it is also crucial that you get plenty of sleep.  I have had nights when I have stayed up all night studying, but I was always more successful when I found time to get some sleep before the test.

“Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.”
-Winston S. Churchill