Kathryn Babbin-Swimming

Posted by on Wednesday, July 1, 2015 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Kathryn Babbin
Swimming
Junior
Major: Human and Organizational Development

I visited Vanderbilt during the fall of my junior year to see the Vandy vs Georgia football game and fell in love with it. I loved the size of the school, the swim program and Nashville. I am so grateful that I have the chance to go to school here and represent the Commodores!

I hope to go into organizational consulting. I enjoy helping people to be their best and consulting would let me help companies in the same way. 

You have to prioritize. There are only so many hours in the week and if you want to be successful you have to devote a large number of them to studying.

I have a color coded calendar on my phone to make sure that I know when I need to be places and I make a lot of to-do lists. I find that if I am aware of test dates and swim meets that I can plan ahead pretty effectively. 

I don’t have an official ritual before taking a test. I usually just try to show up early to get a good seat and review my notes. 

“Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh