Ashley Vega-Soccer

Posted by on Wednesday, October 1, 2014 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Ashley Vega
Soccer
Major: Law and Deviant Behavior

I have the same answer as any other student-athlete at this school…Vanderbilt has the whole package: Not only would I be competing in the SEC, the best athletic conference there is, but ultimately earning a degree from one of the most prestigious universities in the entire country. 

I would love to work as a special agent for a federal law enforcement agency (like that of the FBI, ATF, or DEA).

The most important thing in being academically successful at Vanderbilt (or just in general) is finding a good balance. As student-athletes, we have to balance our sport, academics, other extracurriculars, a hectic travel schedule, and whatever else life throws at us. If you can find a schedule that is efficient, effective, and works for you, you will find much greater success!

Well, agendas and calendars are my best friends. I’m a big advocate of listing out what needs to be done each day and checking off the tasks I complete. Having everything written down in front of me, I am less likely to miss out on any dates or deadlines.

I always make sure to eat some good food beforehand. This way, whether or not I do well, at least I’m not hungry…

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.”     -Romans 8:28