Kyle Woestmann-Football

Posted by on Monday, September 1, 2014 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Kyle Woestmann
Football
Major: Communications

I came to Vanderbilt because I loved the guys in the football locker room. I loved Nashville and wanted a good education.

My career goals are to play in the NFL and then try to refine and revamp small and/or struggling nonprofits to make them more efficient and helpful to the community. Otherwise I would like to do something working with youth.

It takes diligence and good study habits to be successful academically.

I just write everything out in my planner to keep myself organized.

No pretest ritual. I review a few minutes before and then go take it.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.  “Man in the arena” by Theodore Roosevelt