Academic Support for Student Athletes

Home » Student-Athletes of the Month » Rene Sobolewski-Women’s Golf

Rene Sobolewski-Women’s Golf

Posted by on Saturday, June 1, 2013 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Rene Sobolewski
Women’s Golf
Junior
Majors: Medical, Health and Society

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because of its combination of superior academics with one of the best collegiate golf programs in the country. On top of that, the campus is gorgeous, and Nashville is a city that is hard not to fall in love with.

I’m still undecided about the career path I want to pursue when I graduate but whatever it is, I
want to wake up every morning excited about my job and feel that I am making a positive impact on the world in one way or another.

Time management is definitely the most important aspect of being academically successful.  If you leave assignments, papers, and/or studying to the last minute, good grades are very unlikely. Because we miss so many days for travel, I also think class participation is extremely important in order to make your name, interest, and work ethic apparent to the professors.

I manage my schedule by trying to take each week as it comes. Looking too far ahead can be overwhelming, but getting behind is the worst situation that can happen. I look at my school and practice schedule and plan out when I will tackle certain assignments so that I can still get rest and be able to be focused at practice as well.

I don’t really think I have a ritual other than cramming. I usually make flashcards so I tend to go through them for as long as I can until the moment before the professor hands out the test.

“Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation” – Jack Nicklaus

Important Dates

March 27 - Summer 2017 Open Enrollment Begins
April 10 - Fall 2017 Registration Begins
April 24 - Undergraduate Classes End
April 25 - Undergraduate Reading Day
April 26-May 4 - Undergraduate Final Exams

June 2013
M T W T F S S
« May   Jul »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Student Athletes of the Month

Twitter: @VandySAAS