Vanderbilt Cheerleading & Dance Team Fall Tryouts
Tryouts will be held on Tuesday, August 28th at 7pm. Meet at McGugin Center (2601 Jess Neely Dr).
For more information please email email@example.com
Candidates need to learn the Fight Song (Dynamite) and Black & Yellow dances.
You must turn in the following items in order to participate in the optional clinics and tryouts:
- Proof of physical within the last 12 months. Physical must include date and physician signature.
- Signed and completed Vanderbilt Tryout Release of Liability.
- Copy of medical insurance card (front and back of card)
- A 5 X 7 or larger head shot attached (not stapled).
- All incoming Freshman and Transfer students must submit a copy of unconditional acceptance letter of admittance to Vanderbilt University or Belmont/Lipscomb University (for Dance Team ONLY)
- Most recent transcript (High School or College)
- Completed Tryout Application.
- “Game Ready” makeup includes light foundation, blush, eye liner, mascara (fake lashes are acceptable and encouraged for dance team) and lipstick.
- For Cheer, hair should be pulled back away from the face. Please keep bows no wider than 3 inches.
- Please remember you are applying for a high profile position representing Vanderbilt University.
- DO NOT wear anything during tryouts that features another school or university.
- Tattoos should be covered at all times during the tryout weekend.
- Please be aware that this is an important part of the selection process. You should be “game ready” at all times throughout the tryouts.
- Ladies: We ask that you have game make-up on at all times and have your hair styled as if you were at a game with bows or ribbon in hair.
- Cheerleading Candidates: Please wear athletic shorts, shoes and a black top.
- Dance Team Candidates: Please wear black athletic shorts, black top and skin-colored tights. Bring jazz shoes and tennis shoes.
- Gentlemen: You must be clean shaven and have trimmed hair- No jewelry.
We strongly recommend reviewing our Program Guidelines prior to tryouts or before accepting a position on the team!