Vanderbilt Cheerleading & Dance Team Tryouts
Check back for Spring tryout information for the 19-20 season!
- Male candidates – no material is needed; we will just look at your stunting/tumbling capacity at tryouts.
You must turn in the following items in order to participate in tryouts:
- Signed and completed Vanderbilt Tryout Release of Liability. (only document needed to participate in clinics)
- Proof of physical within the last 12 months. Physical must include date and physician signature
- Copy of medical insurance card (front and back of card)
- A 5 X 7 or larger head shot attached (not stapled).
- All incoming Freshman and Transfer students must submit a copy of unconditional acceptance letter of admittance to Vanderbilt University or Belmont/Lipscomb University (for Dance Team ONLY) – Not needed for
- Most recent transcript (High School or College)
- Completed Tryout Application
- “Game Ready” makeup includes light foundation, blush, eye liner, mascara (fake lashes are acceptable and encouraged for dance team) and lipstick.
- For Cheer, hair should be pulled back away from the face. Please keep bows no wider than 3 inches.
- Please remember you are applying for a high profile position representing Vanderbilt University.
- DO NOT wear anything during tryouts that features another school or university.
- Tattoos should be covered at all times during the tryout weekend.
- Please be aware that this is an important part of the selection process. You should be “game ready” at all times throughout the tryouts.
- Ladies: We ask that you have game make-up on at all times and have your hair styled as if you were at a game with bows or ribbon in hair.
- Cheerleading Candidates: Please wear athletic shorts, shoes and a black top.
- Dance Team Candidates: Please wear black athletic shorts, black top and skin-colored tights. Bring jazz shoes and tennis shoes.
- Gentlemen: You must be clean shaven and have trimmed hair- No jewelry.
We strongly recommend reviewing our Program Guidelines prior to tryouts or before accepting a position on the team!