Vanderbilt Cheerleading & Dance Team Spring Tryouts
Open gyms are casual opportunities to get more information and practice for tryouts. Whether you have experience or are new to the sport, we recommend attending!
Wednesday, 4/25: 6-8pm (Rec Center Auxiliary Gym)
Mandatory Clinic: Friday, May 4th from 6 – 9pm (Rec Center Auxiliary Gym)
Tryouts: Saturday, May 5th at 8:30am (Rec Center Auxiliary Gym)
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-343-2760
You must turn in the following items in order to participate in the optional clinics and tryouts:
- Proof of physical within the last 12 months. Physical must include date and physician signature.
- Signed and completed Vanderbilt Tryout Release of Liability.
- Copy of medical insurance card (front and back of card)
- A 5 X 7 or larger head shot attached (not stapled).
- All incoming Freshman and Transfer students must submit a copy of unconditional acceptance letter of admittance to Vanderbilt University or Belmont University (for Dance Team ONLY)
- Most recent transcript (High School or College)
- Completed Tryout Application.
- $35 Non-Refundable application fee (check, cash or CC)
- “Game Ready” makeup includes light foundation, blush, eye liner, mascara (fake lashes are acceptable and encouraged for dance team) and lipstick.
- For Cheer, hair should be pulled back away from the face. Please keep bows no wider than 3 inches.
- Please remember you are applying for a high profile position representing Vanderbilt University.
- DO NOT wear anything during tryouts that features another school or university.
- Tattoos should be covered at all times during the tryout weekend.
- Please be aware that this is an important part of the selection process. You should be “game ready” at all times throughout the tryouts.
- Ladies: We ask that you have game make-up on at all times and have your hair styled as if you were at a game with bows or ribbon in hair.
- Cheerleading Candidates: Please wear athletic shorts, shoes and a black top.
- Dance Team Candidates: Please wear black athletic shorts, black top and skin-colored tights. Bring jazz shoes and tennis shoes.
- Gentlemen: You must be clean shaven and have trimmed hair- No jewelry.
We strongly recommend reviewing our Program Guidelines prior to tryouts or before accepting a position on the team!