SEAL News: December 14, 2010 – SEAL XII News & End of Year Message
First, more news on the conference:
1. Abstracts for the presentations are now posted. Please see http://law.vanderbilt.edu/seal/conferences/2011conference/2011conferencespeakers.htm. We will have the full schedule filled out and posted in mid-January.
2. We have also posted hotel information and tips on transportation. Please see http://law.vanderbilt.edu/seal/conferences/2011conference/2011conferencehotels.htm
3. You will note that, being LA, the hotel is not inexpensive. We worked to get the best rate possible at a convenient downtown hotel. As the post explains, we have blocked rooms for the SEAL conference attendees at this rate. There are multiple conventions in town the week of our conference so this will ensure we all have a space. We hope you appreciate that the cost of registration has not gone up, and also please thank Loyola-LA Law School for its very generous contribution of $4000 in funding for the conference. This will allow us to cover all your meals for Friday and Saturday of the conference.
4. Presenters, this is a reminder that we require anyone presenting at the conference to be a dues paid member of SEAL. For information on paying your 2011 dues, including the means to do so by PayPal or credit card, please see http://law.vanderbilt.edu/seal/duespay.htm. Of course, we welcome all members to pay their annual dues at this site.
5. For all who plan to attend, please be aware that the registration fee rises from $175 to $250 after January 21.
I will close this final message of the year with a reminder that SEAL relies on dues and contributions to carry out its various undertakings beyond the conference, which include student and faculty awards, the website, student outreach, and so on. We appreciate the difficult economic times of the day, but please know that even the smallest of contributions helps SEAL’s work greatly. If you wish to support SEAL’s work with a contribution in addition to your dues, please see information here: http://law.vanderbilt.edu/seal/donatepay.htm.
All the best,