“Welcome to West House where residents celebrate diversity, welcome new ideas, offer a hand to those in need, and grow personally and intellectually. A tight-knit community, we have fun together, support each other, and think about society, equality, and the campus. I care about our residents and their well-being, serve as a mentor, and am proud to be Faculty Head of House.”
Follow West on Instagram
Signature programming at West House includes the following events:
- West Fest Share your story, eat some snacks, meet friends, and engage in alternating weekly activities, Wednesdays 8:30pm
- West Guests Once a month, join in a conversation with Vanderbilt Faculty or Nashville Leaders as they share their work.
- West Tales A book club for anyone who wants to take a break from college reading to read and discuss a fun book.
- West Tails Play time with Dr. Pendergrass’s dog, Scooter.
- Emily Pendergrass, Faculty Head
- Nick Tippenhauer, Program Coordinator
- Emily O’Brian, Graduate Student Worker
House Programming & Advisory Council
Each house has a House Programming & Advisory Council (HPAC), composed of a president and vice president who are elected as well as a public relations chair, and service commissioner, who are appointed. The HPAC meets with the faculty head of house and graduate assistant to advise on house programming and the life of the house. The HPAC works with upper-division peer mentors and professional staff to enhance inter-house, Commons-wide, and campus-wide living-learning initiatives. Elections/appointments to the House Programming & Advisory Council occurs in late August and early September.