“Welcome to Stambaugh House! Stambaugh is where you will build memories and relationships that you’ll cherish forever. Professor Noble and the RA team are committed to building a StamFamily rooted in the ideals of a Community of Care. Each and every resident of Stambaugh has a valuable place in our home whether it’s at our Stambaugh Sweets events, Floor Wars game nights, meet and greets with faculty members in Dr. Noble’s home, or late night conversations with your closest friends in the common rooms. Wherever it is that you find your spot at Vanderbilt, always know that Stambaugh will be there as your home base, always welcoming, comforting, and supporting you.”
-Amber Acquaye, Head Resident Adviser
Signature programming at Stambaugh House includes the following events:
- Stambaugh Sweets – Stambaugh Sweets is our weekly house event for residents providing opportunities for relaxation, fellowship, and community building. Each week has it’s own special theme and tasty treat!
- Loops of Love – Loops of Love is a recurring stress relieving, community building, and service event where residents of Stambaugh learn to knit, with the end goal of creating scarves and/or pocket warmers to distribute to the homeless community in Nashville.
- StamYOUmentary – StamYOUmentary is a year-long project documenting the first-year experience of the StamFAM! Throughout the years residents are photographed at various house functions and periodically record video messages on the StamCAM. The school-year concludes with the premiere of the final film feature as our last house event.
- Rosevelt Noble, Faculty Head
- Aimee Robinson, Program Coordinator
- Elaine Holmes, Graduate Student Worker
- Megan Harvey, Graduate Student Worker
House Advisory Council
Elections/appointments to the House Advisory Council occurred in early September. For more details ask your RA staff or email Program Coordinator Aimee Robinson.