“I am delighted to serve as Faculty Head of Murray House! Our Murray Munchies weekly event, faculty dinners, and Saturday morning running group are the highlights of my week!”
-Dr. Hasty, Faculty Head of House
Signature programming at Murray House includes the following events:
- Murray Munchies is Murray House’s signature weekly program. Each week, residents will have the opportunity to gather in Professor Hasty’s apartment to talk and build community with members of the house and friends across The Ingram Commons. The snacks provided will embody the theme of “foods from home,” giving residents the platform to use food as a catalyst for storytelling and sharing in one another’ definitions of home.
- DinnerNights with Faculty Guests in Professor Hasty’s Apartment – The Hasty Family regularly host important guests from around campus and the Nashville community to share dessert with a small group of students and have a comfortable discussion. Be sure to sign up for one of these when you receive the email from Professor Hasty!
- Commons Runners – Want to get in shape and enjoy running around our beautiful city? Professor Hasty leads the Commons Runners, an informal group that goes on three to six mile runs each Saturday morning. Runners of all speeds and abilities welcome!
- Murray House residents have the opportunity to participate in a Murray Fellows program with the Susan Gray School, a nationally recognized inclusive pre-school that educates both children with developmental disabilities alongside children developing normally.
- Alyssa Hasty, Faculty Head
- Aimee Robinson, Program Coordinator
- Alexander Nichols, Graduate Student Worker
- Megan Harvey, Graduate Student Worker
House Programming & Advisory Council
Elections/appointments to the House Programming & Advisory Council occur in early September. For more details ask your RA staff or email Program Coordinator Aimee Robinson.