“Welcome home to Memorial House! Memorial House is so much more than the reigning Commons Cup champion – although we find that pretty awesome! We are also a place of creativity, warmth, and authenticity. Get ready to get a little messy with s’mores at our weekly S’Memorial, and cultivate community through adventurous programs with our amazing faculty head of house, Dean Morgan. Our house motto, “Less is S’More” embodies the inclusive and lively spirit of the smallest house on Commons. We can hardly wait to create priceless and lasting memories with our new members of the Mem Fam!”
-Hannah Malamud, Head Resident Adviser
Signature programming at Memorial House includes the following events:
- S’Memorial: Residents gather once a week around a fire pit to roast s’mores, connect with other Memorialites, and hear the collaborative jam sessions put on by the musicians of the House. Occasionally, these nights turn into two hour sing-alongs. Themed S’Memorials have included swing dance night, reverse trick-or-treating, and an ugly holiday sweater party.
- Farm-to-Table Dinners: Residents will join the Morgan family for farm-to-table dinners where they will visit local farms, pick produce, and cook meals at the faculty apartment together.
- Memorial House Camping Trip: Memorial residents are invited to join in our annual house camping trip. For one night, Dr. Morgan, his family, and the RA staff take residents to a nearby cabin in Percy Warner Park to spend a night getting to know fellow housemates. The camping trip involves a beautiful hike, giant game of capture the flag, a campfire sing-along and a delicious cookout.
- Monthly Hikes: Residents are invited to join Dr. Morgan for monthly hikes at local parks, including Percy Warner, Radnor Lake, and Bell’s Bend.
- Dan Morgan, Faculty Head
- Aimee Robinson, Program Coordinator
- Alexander Nichols, Graduate Student Worker
- Megan Harvey, Graduate Student Worker
House Programming & Advisory Council
Elections/appointments to the House Programming & Advisory Council occurs in early September. For more details ask your RA staff or email Program Coordinator Aimee Robinson.