“Welcome to Memorial Hall, where laughing, learning, (and masks) are the essentials! It’s going to be fun making this place ‘ours,’ of getting to know each other’s stories, passions, and quirks. Futures will be reimagined this coming year. Although the day-to-day will no doubt be unique, even trying at times, the student staff and I are nevertheless certain that success, growth, and friendships are still on. Let’s do this!”
– Celso Castilho, Faculty Head of House
Follow Memorial on Instagram
Signature programming at Memorial House includes the following events:
- S’Memorial: Residents gather once a week around a fire pit to roast s’mores, connect with other Memorialites, and hear the collaborative jam sessions put on by the musicians of the House. Occasionally, these nights turn into two hour sing-alongs. Themed S’Memorials have included swing dance night, reverse trick-or-treating, and an ugly holiday sweater party.
- Memorial House Camping Trip: Memorial residents are invited to join in our annual house camping trip. The faulty head of house takes residents to a nearby cabin in Percy Warner Park to spend a night getting to know fellow housemates. The camping trip involves a beautiful hike, giant game of capture the flag, a campfire sing-along and a delicious cookout.
- Monthly Hikes: Residents are invited to participate in monthly hikes at local parks, including Percy Warner, Radnor Lake, and Bell’s Bend.
- Celso Castilho, Faculty Head
- Aimee Robinson, Program Coordinator
- Alexander Nichols, Graduate Student Worker
House Programming & Advisory Council
Elections/appointments to the House Programming & Advisory Council occurs in early September. For more details ask your RA staff or email Program Coordinator Aimee Robinson.