“I believe that one can never leave home. . . . We may act sophisticated and worldly, but I believe we feel safest when we go inside ourselves and find home, a place where we belong and maybe the only place that we really do.” “We have the brains and the heart to face our futures bravely. Taking responsibility for the time we take up and the space we occupy.” – Maya Angelou
“My hope is that Gillette House becomes a place like “home,” where residents find a sense of belonging, thus helping them face their responsibilities with courage and zest. ” – Frank Dobson, Faculty Head of House
Follow Gillette on Instagram
Signature programming at Gillette House includes the following events:
- Weekly Gillette Gelato every Wednesday at 9 pm.
- Dinners in Professor Dobson’s apartment featuring engaging faculty members and administrators, VU alumni, and Nashville civic leaders.
- Events with our Humphrey Fellow.
- Educational programming on sexual health, academic success, and stress management.
- “Book Buddies” community service program with Napier Elementary School.
- Special annual events, such as our pre-Thanksgiving feast and Super Bowl Party.
- Frank Dobson, Faculty Head
- Aimee Robinson, Program Coordinator
- Alexander Nichols, Graduate Student Worker
House Programming & Advisory Council
Elections/appointments to the House Programming & Advisory Council occurs in early September. For more details ask your RA staff or email Program Coordinator Aimee Robinson.