Clinics & Events
Have fun learning the art of boxing while getting fit! These non-contact, co-ed boxing classes will be taught by USA Boxing Coach and certified personal trainer, Tramaine Crook. Participants should come to class prepared with their own boxing gloves and hand wraps.
- Mondays & Wednesdays @ 4:30 p.m. (Classes are 55 minutes)
- Location – Studio A on the second floor of the Rec
- Classes begin January 29 and continue through March 21 (no classes March 5-9 due to spring break)
- $65 for Rec members
- $70 for non-Rec members
Registration requires each participant to have a Rec account. When registering for clinics, the registration must be completed under the participants’ account.
- If you are a student/Rec member, you already have an account and you can log-in to register for the class.
- If you are not a VU student or member, please create an account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/Account/Register by selecting the “Sign Up” button. Once you have created an account, you will be able to register for the course under the participant’s account.
Vandy Walks is a combined walking and lecture series brought to you by The Rec and Health Plus. Throughout the spring and summer months , walks are offered featuring various aspects of the Vanderbilt University campus, such as its buildings and their architectural design, sculptures, and more. Find information on upcoming Vandy Walks . For additional information, contact Rec walk leader Lori Cowan at email@example.com .
Running Clinics are provided each semester for all levels of runners! Four, six, and eight week training programs are developed to help you complete your race! Trainings held at The Rec follow the Couch to 5K training plan and for the Country Music Half-Marathon. Additional training programs are offered by request.
Dates of training programs: To be announced!