Reservations and Events
The Rec at Vanderbilt University is an ideal location for birthday parties, after-prom activities, church lock-ins, group training/team-building, and other events, whether you have a group of 10 or 100! If it is a swimming party for children, an event to challenge your teens on the climbing wall, or a location that provides multiple activities for larger groups, The Rec at Vanderbilt University is available to accommodate most any type of occasion and group.
Our Rec Events Staff is happy to work with you to help you plan your special event using the areas that best suit your needs at a cost that is affordable for your budget. Get started by filling out the Meeting & Special Event Request form!
Thank you for your interest in our available facilities for daily use at the Rec! To reserve facility space for daily recreational use, you must be a Rec member. Rec members must have their ID present for both indoor and outdoor spaces.
Spaces Available for Daily Recreational Use:
For information about how to make a daily reservation, please click the button below
The Rec facility is available for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) through AnchorLink, University departments, and Non-Vanderbilt groups (including Vanderbilt University Medical Center) for special events, meetings and conferences, camps, educational sessions, social activities, and much more!
Fill out the Rec Meeting & Special Event Request Form to get started:
The following policies and procedures have been created for use in all The Rec facilities. The Rec Events Staff reserves the right to alter and/or amend the policies and procedures at any time. The Rec Events Staff shall determine all matters not expressly covered by the following policies and procedures.
- All special event requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance from the date of your event to receive priority consideration
- Our Rec Events Staff will work with groups requesting space on a short notice basis, however, space is not completely guaranteed
- All groups will receive a response within 48 hours in regards to any additional questions/concerns about your event
- A deposit may be required
- Alcohol is not permitted on The Rec premises and will not be approved for any event. No exceptions.
- All documentation (rental agreement, liability forms, certificate of insurance, and/or protection of minors compliance agreement) must be completed at least 1 week in advance of the event
- University Departments and RSOs shall not use their privileges to access space, resources or services and "front" for a non-university group or commercial entity in order to avoid fees or receive reduced fees. All instances of "fronting" for off-campus groups or commercial entities will result in an adjustment of all related fees to appropriate rate category.
For full details regarding event policies and procedures, please click the button below
Are you looking for a fun and creative way to host a meeting or celebrate with your group? Cooking is a great way to gather with friends and colleagues to team build. The Teaching Kitchen is available to reserve for current students, faculty, staff, and the community. Staff are available to help you plan or lead your cooking event, or you can use the facilities independently.
Use the Teaching Kitchen for:
- Meetings & team building
- Preparing meals with groups
- Cooking classes or demos taught by one of our registered dietitians on a topic of your choice
For more information about reserving the Teaching Kitchen, please fill out the Rec Meeting & Special Event Request Form
For all other daily or special event reservation questions, please contact:
The Rec Events Staff
Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center