Reservations and Events
The Rec at Vanderbilt University is an ideal location for birthday parties, after-prom activities, church lock-ins, group training/team-building and other events, whether you have a group of 10 or 100! If it is a swimming party for children, an event to challenge your teens on the climbing wall, or a location that provides multiple activities for larger groups, The Rec at Vanderbilt University is available to accommodate most any type of occasion and group.
Our Rec Events Staff is happy to work with you to help you plan your event using the areas that best suit your needs at a cost that is affordable for your budget. Get more information about reserving space at The Rec by emailing our office at email@example.com
Daily Use Facility Reservations
Thank you for your interest in our available facilities for daily use at the Rec! To reserve facility space for daily recreational use, you must be a Rec member. Rec members must have their ID present for both indoor and outdoor spaces.
Spaces Available for Daily Recreational Use:
Making a Daily Reservation:
- Rec Members may request free use of our spaces once a day for one hour through Virtual EMS (for Vanderbilt Students and Faculty/Staff) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consecutive hourly reservations are not allowed
- No Virtual EMS requests will be approved over the weekend
- All daily reservation requests should be made 3 business days in advance of the requested date
- Walk-in and same-day reservations will be made on a first come, first served basis
- Reservations are held for 15 minutes past the start time. In the event of a no-show, the space will revert back to a first come, first served basis for the remainder of the hour
Cancelling a Daily Reservation:
- Email the Rec Events Staff at least 2-3 days in advance at email@example.com
Guests of Members for Daily Reservations:
- Any guests must be sponsored by a member, sign a liability waiver, and pay a $10 entrance fee at the Rec Welcome Desk before utilizing the facility. Please click here for more information on guest passes
Special Event Facility Reservations
The Rec facility is available for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) through AnchorLink, University departments, and Non-Vanderbilt groups (including Vanderbilt University Medical Center) for special events, meetings and conferences, camps, educational sessions, social activities, and much more!
The following policies and procedures have been created for use in all The Rec facilities. The Rec Events Staff reserves the right to alter and/or amend the policies and procedures at any time. The Rec Events Staff shall determine all matters not expressly covered by the following policies and procedures.
Making a Special Event Request:
- Email the Rec Events Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started
- All special event requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance from the date of your event to receive priority consideration
- Our Rec Events Staff will work with groups requesting space on a short notice basis, however, space is not completely guaranteed
- All groups will receive a response within 48 hours in regards to any additional questions/concerns about your event
- A deposit may be required
- All documentation (rental agreement, liability forms, certificate of insurance, and/or protection of minors compliance agreement) must be completed at least 1 week in advance of the event
- University Departments and RSOs shall not use their privileges to access space, resources or services and "front" for a non-university group or commercial entity in order to avoid fees or receive reduced fees. All instances of "fronting" for off-campus groups or commercial entities will result in an adjustment of all related fees to appropriate rate category.
For all other daily or special event reservation questions, please contact:
The Rec Events Staff
Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center
Teaching Kitchen Reservations
Are you looking for a fun and creative way to host a meeting or celebrate with your group? Cooking is a great way to gather with friends and colleagues to team build. The Teaching Kitchen is available to reserve for current students, faculty, staff, and the community. Staff are available to help you plan or lead your cooking event, or you can use the facilities independently.
Use the Teaching Kitchen for:
- Meetings & team building
- Preparing meals with groups
- Cooking classes or demos taught by one of our registered dietitians on a topic of your choice
Learn more about pricing, kitchen inventory, and policies:
What else happens here?
Vandy Cooks is a healthy cooking demo class offered monthly on various topics. Demonstrations are free, open to all and lead by Vanderbilt's celebrated chefs, registered dietitians, and expert guests. Tasty samples and recipes with nutrition analysis are provided at each session. Click here for a list of upcoming cooking demos .
For more information about reserving the Teaching Kitchen or the Vandy Cooks program, please contact:
Marilyn Holmes, MS, RDN, LDN
Associate Director, Wellness and Fitness