Daily Rec Member Reservation Requests
Thank you for your interest in our available facilities for daily use at the Rec! To reserve facility space for daily recreational use, you must be a Rec member. Rec members must have their ID present for both indoor and outdoor spaces.
Spaces Available for Daily Recreational Use:
How to Make a Daily Reservation:
Rec Members may request free use of our spaces once a day for one hour through Virtual EMS (for Vanderbilt Students and Faculty/Staff) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - please be sure to include your name, phone number, Rec membership status, date and time of requested reservation, number of attendees, and the specific space requested.
How to Book a Squash Court:
- All Squash Courts can now be booked through the Online Member Portal - Click here to get started
The Rec is designed to support the recreational sports and fitness needs of the campus community. The focus of the building is to accommodate active participation in drop-in recreation, structured sports, and fitness programs. Students are recognized as the principal members of the facility and their recreational needs receive priority. The intent of The Rec is to provide maximum opportunities for student interaction in a recreational setting, however, if scheduling conflicts arise, Vanderbilt Athletics & all Rec programming take precedence.
To support this philosophy, the following guidelines will be used when determining the priority of space reservations for the Rec:
- Vanderbilt Athletics & Recreation programming (Intramurals, Club Sports, Fitness Programming, etc.)
- Informal (drop-in) recreation
- Vanderbilt Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
- Vanderbilt University Departments
- Non-Vanderbilt groups (including VUMC)
The reservation of any Rec space(s) are at the discretion of The Rec Events Staff and does not always guarantee the ability of facility space to be reserved. All activities in The Rec shall be appropriate to the facility and have appropriate supervision.
Daily Reservation Policies & Procedures:
- Consecutive hourly reservations are not allowed
- No Virtual EMS requests will be approved over the weekend
- All daily reservation requests should be made 3 business days in advance of the requested date
- Walk-in and same-day reservations will be made on a first come, first served basis
- Reservations are held for 15 minutes past the start time. In the event of a no-show, spaces will revert back to a first come, first served basis for the remainder of the hour
Canceling a Daily Reservation:
- Email the Rec Events Staff at least 3 days in advance at email@example.com
Guests of Members for Daily Reservations:
- Any guests must be sponsored by a member, sign a liability waiver, and pay a $10 entrance fee at the Rec Welcome Desk before utilizing the facility. Please click here for more information on guest passes.