Facility Closure Announcements
The University is limiting operations to protect our community at large from the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Effective immediately, Vandy Rec is CLOSED until further notice. We will continue to update you on future services. If you have any questions, please contact Kenny Moore, Director, at email@example.com. Go Dores!
The following adjustments to Vandy Rec Outdoor Recreation operations have been made:
- The Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center is CLOSED, effective Monday, March 16th, until further notice.
- All Outdoor Rec Trips are CANCELLED until further notice.
- All Climbing Wall programs are CANCELLED until further notice.
- All Aquatic programs are CANCELLED until further notice. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Swim School Lessons
- Kayak Roll Clinics
- Club Sports
- Intramural Sports
- All Reservations with the exception of Varsity Athletics are CANCELLED for the months of March and April.
Join our trained kayak instructors on Tuesday evenings from 7-9 p.m. and select Wednesday evenings from 7 - 9 p.m. at the pool for our weekly kayak roll classes. Participants will be trained in a variety of introductory whitewater kayaking skills including equipment introductions, paddling strokes, wet exits, assisted rescues, and the kayak roll.
Each class is independent of the others. Knowledgeable kayak instructors and kayaking equipment are provided for class participants. Participants are welcome to bring their own equipment, however, it must be thoroughly rinsed prior to entering the pool.
Kayak clinic participation is for Vanderbilt students, faculty, and staff, as well as VUMC employees. Each class is $5 for current Rec members and $15.00 for non-Rec members.
- Classes are limited to the first 7 people who sign up each week.
- Registered participants must check in at the Rec's Welcome Desk upon arrival.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- Cancellations – Email Claire at least seven days before your class to receive a refund. Cancellations made after that time will not receive a refund.
Not sure where to park? Learn more here.
For more information, call Claire Dzierzak, GA for Outdoor Recreation, with any questions at (615) 616-7007.