How to Register:
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, faculty, staff, and VRWC members. To be eligible to register and participate on an Adventure Trip, you must be affiliated with the Vanderbilt community.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the Outdoor Recreation Center. The Vanderbilt Commodore card is accepted, as well as credit/debit cards, cash, or check.
- To register for a trip, select activity from the right side bar, and then scroll down to the desired trip. Click to register online or contact Linda Rosenkranz.
- Children are not permitted on any trip. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Trips are sold on a first-come/first serve basis.
- Prices are advertised as member/non-member.
|00||9/9||Hiking||North Chickamauga Creek, TN||9/1/17||$27/$30|
|01||9/10||Kayaking Harpeth River, TN||Harpeth River, TN||9/1/17||$41/$45|
|02||9/16||Park Clean-Up & Hiking||Long Hunter State Park, TN||9/8/17||Free!|
|03||9/17||Horseback Riding||Ju Ro Ranch, TN||9/8/17||$60/$66|
|04||9/23||WW Canoeing||Hiwassee River, TN||9/15/17||$66/$72|
|05||9/24||Canoeing||Piney River, TN||9/15/17||$40/$44|
|WW Raft, Camp, & Hike||Ocoee River, TN/Tallulah Gorge, GA||9/15/17*||$144/$158|
|07||9/30||River Clean Up (Canoeing)||Harpeth River, TN||9/22/17||Free!|
|08||10/1||Hiking||Honey Creek State Natural Area, TN||9/22/17||$27/$30|
|09||10/7||Stand Up Paddleboarding||Green River, Mammoth Cave NP, KY||9/29/17||$56/$61|
|10||10/12-15||Backpacking||Great Smoky Mountain Nat. Park||9/29/17||$136/$149|
|11||10/12-15||Canoe-Camping||Mammoth Cave National Park, KY||9/29/17||$153/$168|
|12||10/ 21||Trail Building||Bells Bend Park, Nashville, TN||10/11/17||Free!|
|13||10/ 22||Kayak Touring||Cordell Hull Lake, TN||10/11/17||$43/$47|
|14||10/28-29||Backpacking||Stone Door at Savage Gulf, TN||10/20/17||$62/$68|
|15||10/ 28||Rappelling & Caving||Stephens Gap Cave, AL||10/20/17||$44/$48|
|16||10/ 29||WW Kayak (beginner-intermed.)||Hiwassee River, TN||10/11/17*||$75/$82|
|17||11/5||Hiking||Radnor Lake State Park, TN||10/27/17||$5/$6|
|18||11/11||Caving||Indian Gravepoint Cave, TN||11/3/17||$33/$36|
|19||11/12||Climbing (beginner-advanced)||Black Mountain, TN||11/3/17||$38/$42|
|20||12/15-21||Canoeing and Island Camping||Cayo Costa State Park / Island, FL||10/27/17*||$375/$400|
|21||12/16-22||Skiing or Snowboarding||Steamboat Springs, CO||9/29/17*||$840+/$880+|
|Backpack, Camp & Hike||Zion National Park, UT||11/15/17*||$576+/$611|
|Canoe-Camping & Canoeing Paddling||Florida's Panhandle||12/8/17||$340/$365|
*The deadline is earlier than usual.
- Most trips are designed for a small group of people (10-12), and many of the trips require no previous experience. The fee for each trip covers the activity, transportation, in-camp food, camping fees, and group equipment. For more information, look for flyers around campus or stop by the Outdoor Recreation Center (at 2600 Children’s Way and behind the new Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center) during ORC rental hours. This is also where the Pre-Trip Meeting takes place.
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. They are also open to faculty, staff, and VRWC members.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the Outdoor Recreation Center.
- The Vanderbilt Card is accepted, as well as credit cards, debit cards, cash, or check. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- For any paddling trip (canoeing, kayaking, rafting, whitewater kayaking, and whitewater canoeing), participants must know how to swim.
- Beginners are welcome on all trips, unless otherwise noted.
- Alcohol is not permitted on any trip.
Trip Refund Policy
If a participant can no longer attend the trip:
1. They must notify Linda Rosenkranz or the Outdoor Recreation Center (ORC)
2. The refund depends on when notification is given
- If more than 30 days in advance, the participant will be issued a full refund.
- If 30 days or less in advance, the participant is responsible for finding their own replacement and refund. If there is a waiting list, or there are at least a few days prior to the trip, then we will try to help. If no list exists, you are responsible for your own replacement.