How to Register:
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, faculty, staff, and VRWC members. To be eligible to register and participate on an Adventure Trip, you must be affiliated with the Vanderbilt community.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the Outdoor Recreation Center. The Vanderbilt Commodore card is accepted, as well as credit/debit cards, cash, or check.
- To register for a trip, select activity from the right side bar, and then scroll down to the desired trip. Click to register online or contact Linda Rosenkranz.
- Children are not permitted on any trip. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Trips are sold on a first-come/first serve basis.
- Prices are advertised as member/non-member.
Spring 2018 Adventure Trip List
Registration for Spring 2018 Adventure Trips will begin at 12pm on Monday, January 8.
|Feb.||10||Sat.||Trail Building (Mtn. Bike Trail)||Bells Bend Park, Nashville||2/2||FREE!|
|Feb.||17||Sat.||Caving||Howard's Waterfall Cave, GA||2/9||$44 / $48|
|Feb.||18||Sun.||Climbing||Kings Bluff, TN||2/2||$33 / $36|
|Feb.||24||Sat.||Hiking||Walls of Jericho, TN||2/16||$24 / $26|
|Break||3-9||Sat.-Fri.||Canoe-Camping||Paddling Florida's Panhandle Trip||2/5*||$340 / $365|
|March||17||Sat.||Service Work||Shelby Bottoms Park, Nashville||3/2*||FREE!|
|March||17||Sat.||Bouldering||Little Rock City, TN||3/2*||$45 / $49|
|March||18||Sun.||Horseback Riding||Ju Ro Ranch, TN||3/2*||$60 / $66|
|March||24||Sat.||Rappelling||Stephens Gap Cave, AL||3/19||$44 / $48|
|March||24||Sat.||Whitewater Kayaking||Clear Creek, TN||3/2*||$69 / $76|
|March||25||Sun.||Hiking||Fiery Gizzard Trail, TN||3/16||$22 / $24|
|March||31||Sat.||Caving||Indian Gravepoint, TN||3/23||$33 / 36|
|April||7-8||Sat.-Sun.||Backpacking||Laurel Falls State Nat. Area, TN||3/30||$64 / $70|
|April||7||Sat.||Stand Up Paddleboarding||Harpeth River, TN||3/30||$ 47 / $52|
|April||8||Sun.||Lake Clean-up / Canoeing||Cordell Hull Lake, TN||3/30||FREE!|
|April||14||Sat.||Kayaking||Harpeth River, TN||4/6||$41 / $45|
|April||15||Sun.||Kayak Touring||Center Hill Lake, TN||4/6||$43 / $47|
|April||21||Sat.||Hiking||The Great Stone Door, SCSP, TN||4/13||$27 / $30|
|April||22||Sun.||Canoeing||Piney River, TN||4/13||$40 / $44|
|May||4-7||Fri.-Mon.||Backpacking||Great Smoky Mtn. N.P., TN||4/6*||$136 / $149|
|May||19-27||Sat.-Sun.||Hike, Camp, Backpack||Arches NP & Canyonlands NP, UT||3/21*||$599+/$634+|
- Most trips are designed for a small group of people (10-12), and many of the trips require no previous experience. The fee for each trip covers the activity, transportation, in-camp food, camping fees, and group equipment. For more information, look for flyers around campus or stop by the Outdoor Recreation Center (at 2600 Children’s Way and behind the new Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center) during ORC rental hours. This is also where the Pre-Trip Meeting takes place.
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. They are also open to faculty, staff, and VRWC members.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the Outdoor Recreation Center.
- The Vanderbilt Card is accepted, as well as credit cards, debit cards, cash, or check. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- For any paddling trip (canoeing, kayaking, rafting, whitewater kayaking, and whitewater canoeing), participants must know how to swim.
- Beginners are welcome on all trips, unless otherwise noted.
- Alcohol is not permitted on any trip.
Trip Refund Policy
If you wish to cancel your adventure trip reservation for any reason, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- You must notify Linda Rosenkranz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you request a cancellation of your reservation more than 30 days in advance, you will be issued a full refund.
- If you are requesting a cancellation less than 30 days in advance, you are responsible for finding a replacement participant and will be issued a refund. If necessary, we will assist if there is a waiting list for this trip.
- If Linda helps you find a replacement for this trip, an administrative fee will be deducted from your refund amount; please see the table below:
$0 - $50
$51 - $100
$101 - $200
$201 - $400
$401 and above