How to Register:
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, faculty, staff, medical staff, and VRWC members.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the Outdoor Recreation Center. The Vanderbilt Commodore card is accepted, as well as credit/debit cards, cash, or check.
- To register for a trip, scroll down to the desired trip. Click to register online and trip payment, Iris Software, or contact Linda Rosenkranz
- Children are not permitted on any trip. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Trips are sold on a first-come/first serve basis.
|February||11||Sat.||Hiking||Bearwaller Gap Trail, TN||2/3||$23||More Details|
|18||Sat.||Caving||Indian Gravepoint, TN||2/10||$33||More Details|
|25||Sat.||Trail Building (Mtn. Bike Trail)||Bells Bend Park, Nashville||2/17||Free||More Details|
|Spring Break||4-12||Sat.-Sun.||Backpacking||Grand Canyon N.P., AZ||1/10*||$1,135||More Details|
|March||18||Sat.||Climbing||Black Mountain, TN||3/1*||$38||More Details|
|18||Sat.||Trail Building (Mtn. Bike Trail)||Bells Bend Park, Nashville||3/1*||Free||More Details|
|25||Sat.||Hiking||Laurel Falls, SNA, TN||3/17||$30||More Details|
|26||Sun.||Rappelling||The Great Stone Door, SCSP, TN||3/17||$31||More Details|
|26||Sun.||Horseback Riding||Ju Ro Ranch, TN||3/17||$60||More Details|
|April||1-2||Sat.-Sun.||Backpacking||The Great Stone Door, SCSP, TN||3/24||$62||More Details|
|1||Sat.||Lake Clean-up/Canoeing||Cordell Hull Lane, TN||3/24||Free||More Details|
|8||Sat.||Whitewater Kayaking||Clear Creek, TN||3/24*||$65||More Details|
|8||Sat.||Canoeing||Red River, TN||3/31||$37||More Details|
|9||Sun.||Kayak Touring||Center Hill Lake, TN||3/31||$43||More Details|
|14-15||Fri.-Sat.||WW Rafting & Camping||Ocoee River, TN||3/31*||$100||More Details|
|15||Sat.||Kayaking||Harpeth River, TN||4/7||$41||More Details|
|22||Sat.||Trail Maintenance & Climbing||Kings Bluff, TN||4/14||Free||More Details|
|23||Sun.||Hiking||Short Springs & Old Stone Fort, TN||4/14||$20||More Details|
|May||5-8||Fri.-Mon.||Backpacking||Gret Smokey Mtn. N.P., TN||4/7*||$136||More Details|
|20-25||Sat.-Thur.||Climb, Camp, Hike, & Raft||New River Gorge, WV||2/24*||$395||More Details|
|August||5-13||Sat.-Sun.||Backpack, camp, & hike||Glacier National Park, MT||2/24*||$895+||More Details|
|+ : Provide your own airfare to Spokane, WA.||*: The deadline is earlier than usual.|
- Most trips are designed for a small group of people (10-12), and many of the trips require no previous experience. The fee for each trip covers the activity, transportation, in-camp food, camping fees, and group equipment. For more information, look for flyers around campus or stop by the Outdoor Recreation Center (at 2600 Children’s Way and behind the new Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center) during ORC rental hours. This is also where the Pre-Trip Meeting takes place.
- Trips are open to all Vanderbilt University undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. They are also open to faculty, staff, and VRWC members.
- Prices include transportation, in-camp food, group and/or specialized equipment, and fees. Personal gear may also be rented from the Outdoor Recreation Center.
- The Vanderbilt Card is accepted, as well as credit cards, debit cards, cash, or check. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Beginners are welcomed on all trips, unless otherwise noted.
- Alcohol is not permitted on any trip.