Expand your culinary skills and enjoy a meal with friends by scheduling a cooking class for your group! Healthy eating is an integral piece of physical wellness, and sharing a meal you created with others also supports your social and emotional wellness.
Registered dietitians at The Rec are available to teach cooking classes on a variety of topics, including global cuisine, how to eat balanced vegetarian diets, breakfast on the go, or energy-boosting snacks. Topics are only limited by your imagination!
Classes can take place in The Rec’s teaching kitchen, or the instructor can come to you.
Equipment and kitchen tools are supplied by The Rec, but ingredients must be purchased and supplied by the group. Planning for your topic, supplies, and ingredients is done in partnership with one of the The Rec’s registered dietitians who will walk you through the steps of this process.
To organize the details of your event, please contact:
Marilyn C. Holmes, MS, RDN, LDN
- Equip participants with fundamental life skills in the kitchen
- Apply evidence-based nutrition information to real life in the kitchen
- Create a positive atmosphere in which cooking can be enjoyed as an opportunity rather than an obligation
- Offered to Vanderbilt University groups
- Offered in the Spring and Fall to Vanderbilt University Nursing and Medical Students with Spring course beginning January 21st.
- Marilyn Holmes, MS, RDN, LDN
- John Compton, M. Div
- Marlanea Wheaton, Executive Chef at Sodexo USA
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Dietetic Interns
Contact Marilyn Holmes to notify of any food allergies, dietary preferences, or religious restrictions that require accommodations.