Day lockers inside the locker rooms are for single day use only. Members are advised to bring their own lock to safely secure their items and must remove their personal items before the facility closes.
o Return all used towels to the Welcome Desk. Do not leave used towels on locker room benches or in the shower areas.
o Individuals should be mindful of dry and wet areas within the locker rooms.
o The Vandy Rec is not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, or misplaced items.
o Please be considerate of others when applying hair sprays, body lotions, and powders.
o Do not wring wet bathing suits on locker room floors. Use the complementary spin dryers.
o Report any unruly or suspicious behavior to Vandy Rec employees.
o Minors ages three (3) and under may accompany their parent into a locker room designated for the opposite gender.
o Minors ages 4-15 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent at all times in order to access the locker rooms. The Vandy Rec recommends minors ages 4-15 utilize the All Gender Family locker rooms.
o Beverages in spill-proof, non-glass containers are permitted in the facility. No food is permitted.
o No photography or filming is allowed in the locker rooms.
o The use of cell phones is strictly prohibited in locker room areas.
o All members must leave the facility promptly at closing time. Please plan your locker room time accordingly.
o In the event of an accident or injury, notify Vandy Rec employees.
o Vandy Rec employees have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement. Failure to comply with these policies will result in termination of membership.
Lockers and Cubbies are the property of the Vandy Rec. Any items stored in lockers or cubbies are stored at the owner’s risk. Vanderbilt University and the Vandy Rec do not assume responsibility for the safekeeping of the member’s property, including any item that is lost, damaged, stolen, or misplaced that was contained in lockers or cubbies, or any damage arising out of a member’s use of the lockers or cubbies.
o Hallway coin lockers are for single day use only.
o Temporary or permanent alterations to the lockers or cubbies are not permitted.
o Day lockers inside the locker rooms are for single day use only. Members are advised to bring their own lock to safely secure their items and must remove their personal items before the facility closes.
o The Vandy Rec retains the right to remove locks and items within the lockers or cubbies overnight.
o The Vandy Rec is not responsible for replacing locks that have been cut due to a violation of this policy nor locks that were cut at the request of the owner.
o All removed items will be held for ten (10) calendar days after removal, then donated or discarded.
o Locker and cubby users waive any right to privacy and expressly consent to allow the Vandy Rec or the University to open and inspect the locker or cubby and its contents at any time without prior notice: in an emergency; to determine whether a safety hazard exists; to remove contents; to search for illegal items; to maintain locker or locking mechanism; to determine if any term of this agreement is being violated; or for any other purpose.
o The Vandy Rec may open and search a member’s locker or cubby if it is believed that the member is not adhering to Vandy Rec and University rules, state and federal laws and regulations, and any special instructions concerning the locker or cubby, including the Locker Rental Terms of Agreement or the Locker Room Locker Use policy.
Acknowledgement of Risk
- I understand that participation in the activities offered at the Vandy Rec is voluntary, and that the activities carry various degrees of risk or injury. I also understand that Vanderbilt University is not responsible for injuries or damages I may sustain while participating in athletic or other activities, and I assume sole responsibility for any and all injuries or damages that may result from my decision to engage in these activities. I understand that it is my responsibility to be aware of my physical condition when deciding whether to participate in any activity.
Release of Liability and Indemnification
- In consideration of Vanderbilt University offering me the opportunity to participate in activities at the Vandy Rec, I do agree to and hereby do forever release from fault, discharge and hold harmless and indemnify Vanderbilt University and its officers, trustees, agents, servants, employees, and representatives against loss (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), from any and all claims, demands, rights, or causes of action of any kind or nature that may hereafter at any time be made or brought by me, or by any other person having a legal interest therein, arising from or by reason of any and all known or unknown, foreseen and unforeseen bodily or personal injuries, damages to property and consequences thereof which may be sustained by me as a consequence of any accident or injuries in connection with the activities unless it is due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Vanderbilt University. I also agree to indemnify Vanderbilt University for any loss or damage to the premises, facility, or equipment of Vanderbilt University that I may cause.
Terms of Service & Automatic Billing Agreement
- Please read the following agreement carefully. By signing, you agree to the Rec Membership PCI (Payment Card Industry) Compliance Information and Vanderbilt Recreation Terms of Service as follows:
- The monthly membership fee will automatically be deducted from the card on file each month until you cancel your membership per the Vandy Rec Cancellation policies. By signing below, you agree to automatic deductions from your bank account via the credit card on file. If you do not agree to these terms, you will not be able to hold a membership at the Vandy Rec.
- Billing Cycle
- The membership fee will be billed between the first and third business day of each month. We reserve the right to change the timing of our billing cycle without prior notice. Your payment must be successfully settled as outlined in the "Payment Methods" section to retain your membership. If you request a cancellation of your membership with outstanding balances on your account, you are responsible for paying any uncollected amounts before your cancellation request will be processed.
- Payment Methods
- If payment is not successfully settled due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing your payment method.
- If an outstanding payment is not satisfied by the tenth business day of each month, the individual’s membership will be terminated.
- Acceptance of Terms of Service
- My signature below confirms my agreement to the Vandy Rec Terms of Service listed above, including automatic billing of my payment card.
- Changes to Terms of Service
- The Vandy Rec reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time. Such revisions will be effectively communicated.
Agreement to Comply with Law and Vanderbilt University Policy
- I agree to abide by the policies outlined by the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center (Vandy Rec), Vanderbilt University, and state and local law.
Age Requirements & Protection of Minors
- The Vandy Rec is dedicated to the welfare and safety of minors under the age of eighteen (18) who visit, utilize, and engage with any of our programs and services. It is the responsibility of those who bring minors to our facilities to ensure appropriate and continuous supervision. The Protection of Minors Policy was created to raise awareness of issues associated with minors, to standardize University practices and to establish expected codes of conduct when interacting with minors in Vanderbilt programs. The policy also includes individual compliance regulations and steps for program registration in a central repository managed by the Office of Risk and Insurance Management. All students are required to complete Protection of Minors online training. Additionally, all students; who are participating in student organizations, courses, or other Vanderbilt activities with minors are required to be in compliance with the University’s Protection of Minors policy. Tennessee is a mandatory reporting state, and all suspicions of child abuse must be reported. The Protection of Minors policy clarifies the reporting process for both internal and external reporting requirements at Vanderbilt.
- Minors ages 4 to 11 are not permitted to purchase a membership or utilize any facility space except for enrollment in a Vandy Rec youth program, an event open to the public, or participation in a University-approved event.
- Minors ages three (3) and under may enter the facility for free with a parent who is a member.
- Minors ages 12 to 15 with a membership must be accompanied by a parent at all times and may not access the Bowling Alley, Fitness Room, Golf Room, Fitness Loft, and may not participate in Group Fitness Classes.
- Members are only permitted to have strollers in the hallway seating areas, in the main lounge, on the pool deck, and on the Field House track. Otherwise, strollers must not enter the facility.
- Minors ages three (3) and under may accompany their parent into a locker room designated for the opposite gender.
- Minors ages 4 to 15 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent at all times in order to access the locker rooms. The Vandy Rec recommends minors ages 4 to 15 utilize the All Gender Family locker rooms.
- Minors ages 12 to 15 with a membership will be required to wear a wrist band at all times upon entering the facility.
- Minors sixteen (16) years of age and older with a membership do not need to be supervised by a parent and can access all facility spaces and participate in Group Fitness Classes.
- Minors ages 12 to 17 with a membership will be limited to participation in Vandy Rec youth programs. Additionally, minors ages 12 to 17 cannot participate in the massage therapy or personal training programs.
- Vandy Rec employees have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement. Failure to comply with these policies will result in the suspension or termination of membership.
- Members are able to purchase Guest Passes at the Welcome Desk for up to two (2) guests per visit. The host member is responsible for their guests and are required to enter the facility and remain with the guests until all parties leave the Vandy Rec together. Sponsoring members will assume all responsibility and liability for their guests’ actions.
- Guests are required to sign a waiver of risk and liability and present a current driver’s license or government issued photo ID for each visit. A guest pass cannot be provided without a valid ID.
- The pass is non-transferrable, cannot be purchased in advance, and can only be used the day of purchase by the individual for which it is purchased. The Guest Pass cannot serve as a credit toward a membership.
- A guest pass only allows access to facility spaces, the group fitness classes, and Welcome Desk equipment rentals.
- Minors are not eligible for a guest pass. Minors may enter the facility with a parent during periods where the University welcomes families to campus (i.e. move-in, homecoming, parents and family weekend, move-out).
- Departments may sponsor guests who are visiting campus by contacting Rec Member Services.
- Vandy Rec employees have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement. Failure to comply with these policies will result in the suspension or termination of membership.
Vandy Rec Etiquette
- Vanderbilt University has a zero-tolerance policy for firearms, explosives, weapons, illegal drugs, paraphernalia, contraband, or any other items dangerous to life, limb, or property and their presence on the premises is strictly prohibited.
- Report all injuries to the Vandy Rec staff on duty at the Welcome Desk.
- Participants involved in strenuous activity should carry appropriate identification in the event of an emergency.
- Personal training or private instruction is restricted to those employed by the Vandy Rec. No solicitation is allowed.
- Beverages in spill-proof, non-glass containers are permitted in the facility.
- Closed toed shoes are required throughout the facility. All shoes worn on wood floors must have non-marking soles.
- Headphones are required for personal music or listening devices. If headphones are not worn, a Vandy Rec employee reserves the right to have the member silence the source of the music.
- Furniture and television channels may only be adjusted by Vandy Rec staff.
- Animals or pets are prohibited, with the exception of service animals.
- Bikes, skateboards, roller-skates, rollerblades, non-electric scooters, and motorized personal transports are not allowed to be operated in any facility space. Bicycles are not to be locked, chained, or attached in any way to the building structure or handrails. In such circumstances, bicycles will be removed by the University.
- Check in with the Welcome Desk to claim reservations or gain access to designated spaces that may require keys.
- Unreserved areas are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Vandy Rec employees have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement. Failure to comply with these policies will result in termination of membership. Anyone caught stealing or damaging Vandy Rec property will be immediately ejected, be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and will forfeit any fees.
- Members and guests agree to abide by the policies outlined by the Vandy Rec, Vanderbilt University, and state and local law. When individuals join the Vandy Rec or purchase a guest pass, they agree to act morally, cooperate with staff and display sportsmanship-like behavior while utilizing any facility space. All members and guests are encouraged to exercise good judgment in caring for the safety of others as well as themselves. Guidelines of Conduct include, but are not limited to, the examples outlined below.
- Fighting: The Vandy Rec has zero tolerance for violence or intimidation of any sort. Anyone engaging in any sort of physical abuse of others or conduct that threatens or endangers the health and safety of any member of the university will result in immediate removal and disciplinary actions.
- Offensive Words & Actions: Use of obscenity, insulting language, swearing, or profanity is prohibited. Harassment of other members or staff are prohibited. Such actions could include, but are not limited to any activity that might reasonably bring embarrassment or emotional, psychological or physical harm to an individual or might degrade or otherwise compromise the dignity of an individual.
- Disorderly Conduct: All Vandy Rec employees have the authority to demand that unruly members and/or guests leave the Vandy Rec if their conduct necessitates such action. Examples include, but are not limited to: vandalism, yelling, fighting, or violating any of the Vandy Rec rules and regulations.
- Emergency Situations: If an alarm sounds, a warning is issued, and/or an emergency announcement is communicated, all users must follow the Vandy Rec employees’ instructions. During an evacuation, members are asked to remain calm and cooperate fully with staff. Fire drills will be held regularly to ensure patrons and guests are aware of emergency procedures. Pulling a fire alarm falsely is strictly prohibited and is punishable under law.
- Safety & Supervision: All Vandy Rec members and guests are responsible for maintaining a safe environment. Cooperation of everyone is necessary to ensure the Vandy Rec operates properly.
- Dangerous Activity: Activity that is destructive or appears to be unsafe is prohibited and will result in retribution of repair costs and expenses relating to the destructive act. **ALL INJURIES (MINOR & MAJOR) SUSTAINED IN OR ON ALL VANDY REC FACILITIES MUST BE REPORTED TO THE NEAREST STAFF MEMBER. **
- Individuals asked to leave the facility will not be provided a refund for any paid charges.
- Vandy Rec employees have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement. Failure to comply with these policies will result in the suspension or termination of membership. Persons may be subject to University disciplinary action.
- Certain facility areas may not be available at all times and all schedules are subject to change without notice (i.e. varsity practice time, summer youth programs, etc.).
- The Vandy Rec reserves the right to restrict access to any of its indoor and outdoor facilities including, but not limited to: preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, emergency situations, reservations, etc.
- The Vandy Rec reserves the right to adjust facility hours. The Vandy Rec recognizes Vanderbilt University holidays and is subject to closure during those times. The Vandy Rec will adjust its hours according to the Vanderbilt academic calendar (i.e. reducing building hours during academic breaks, etc.). All facility hours will be communicated via the Vandy Rec website.
Closing at the End of the Day
- The facilities are scheduled to close promptly. All members should prepare to leave the facility 10-15 minutes prior to closing. Members will receive a five (5) minute warning announcement prior to closing time requesting that all members prepare to exit the facility.
- Failure to comply with this procedure may result in forfeiture of Vandy Rec privileges.
Cancellations and Refunds
- It is an extraordinary commitment to prepare, coordinate and staff our facilities, programs, services, classes and trips. Therefore, all payments are non-refundable, and will not be prorated (with a few exceptions noted in each program subsection below). The re-selling, transferring or of a gifting membership, fees, packages, or sessions is not permitted, unless specified. Certain programs, services, or trips may allow for cancellations and/or ownership transfers.
- All chargeback (refund requests) notifications received via your bank will be considered cancellations and will be subject to the policies of the specific program, service, or trip in question. All documentation, including confirmation receipts, waivers, information collected, policies & agreement signatures will be provided to the banking institution as confirmation of payment application according to all agreed upon terms.
- Membership payments are non-refundable and no refunds will be provided for partially used periods.
- A member must cancel their membership by the 25th day of the month to stop incurring charges for the following month. Once the cancellation request has been submitted, the membership will continue until the end of the current month and the member will receive an email to confirm their membership has been canceled. Membership charges are not prorated and must be paid for the entire month. If not canceled by the period specified above, the member will be responsible for the full amount of the next month’s membership.
- By submitting a cancellation form, members acknowledge the forfeiture of any previously active services covered by their agreement with the Vandy Rec. No refunds will be provided.
- Membership ID cards issued by the Vandy Rec and all associated fees are not refundable.
- All equipment sales are final and are not eligible for refunds without Vandy Rec Administration approval.
- Membership fees will not be reimbursed or prorated due to planned or emergency closures (i.e. holidays, construction, breaks or events deemed necessary by Vanderbilt University).
- If a member leaves the University or the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the individual will no longer be eligible for a Vandy Rec membership. The individual will be eligible for a prorated refund starting the date of cancellation.
- The Vandy Rec adheres to the official weather, and emergency services system of Vanderbilt University’s Public Safety department (VUPS).
- Both the indoor pool and all outdoor spaces will close whenever the VUPS weather system states that lightning is within eight (8) miles of the facility. Spaces will remain closed until VUPS has determined there is no longer an immediate threat.
- Outdoor spaces will be closed when the weather conditions are 32 degrees and below with precipitation, or when the wind chill is below 25 degrees.
- Outdoor spaces will be closed when the heat index is greater than 100.
- Vandy Rec employees may close outdoor spaces at their discretion, including for inclement weather.
- Vandy Rec employees have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement. Failure to comply with these policies will result in termination of membership. Persons will be subject to University disciplinary action.
Lost and Found Policy
- The Vandy Rec is not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, or misplaced items.
- All found items should be turned in to the Welcome Desk.
- Valuable items (i.e. wallets, purses, jewelry, electronics, etc.) will be turned over to Vanderbilt University Police Department by the end of each calendar day.
- For health reasons, all perishable items (food, medication, dirty clothes, soap, etc.) will be disposed of.
- All other items will be discarded or donated weekly (Monday).
- Items can be retrieved during business hours from the Welcome Desk by presenting their valid ID.
- Vandy Rec employees are not permitted to hold equipment, valuables, or bags at the Welcome Desk.