The Rec offers a variety of special events, clinics, group fitness classes, and personal training to help achieve a range of fitness goals.
Equipment | Biometrics | Boxing | Vandy Walks
- TRX Suspension Training Straps
- UMAXX Dumbbells and Straight Bar Set
- Selectorized machines from Cybex, Star Trac, and Life Fitness.
- Motion Cage
- Legend Olympic Platforms
- Airdyne Bikes, Concept 2 Rowers
- Cardiovascular Equipment from Precor, Cybex, True, and Expresso
Biometric screenings are available for Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center members* by appointment and include height, weight, body mass index, blood pressure, and/or percent body fat. For an appointment contact:
Marilyn Holmes at (615) 343-2638 or Marilyn.email@example.com
*Vanderbilt University and Medical Center faculty/staff should have their biometrics through Health Plus located in the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center.
Session 2 of Boxing at The Rec Starts October 22
- Mondays & Wednesdays from 4:30 p.m. – 5:25 p.m.
- Session 2: Classes begin Monday, October 22 and will end Wednesday, December 5 (no classes Nov 19 & 21)
- Location – Studio A on the second floor of the Rec
- Register starting October 1
Registration requires each participant to have a Rec account. When registering for clinics, the registration must be completed under the participants’ account.
- If you are a student/Rec member, you already have an account and you can log-in to register for the class.
- If you are not a VU student or member, please create an account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/Account/Register by selecting the “Sign Up” button. Once you have created an account, you will be able to register for the course under the participant’s account.
Vandy Walks is a combined walking and lecture series brought to you by The Rec and Health Plus. Throughout the spring and summer months, walks are offered featuring various aspects of the Vanderbilt University campus, such as its buildings and their architectural design, sculptures, and more. Find information on upcoming Vandy Walks. For additional information, contact Marilyn Holmes at