The Rec offers a variety of special events, clinics, group fitness classes, and personal training to help achieve a range of fitness goals.
- TRX Suspension Training Straps
- UMAXX Dumbbells and Straight Bar Set
- Selectorized machines from Cybex, Star Trac, and Life Fitness.
- Motion Cage
- Legend Olympic Platforms
- Airdyne Bikes, Concept 2 Rowers
- Cardiovascular Equipment from Precor, Cybex, True, and Expresso
Biometric screenings are available for Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center members* by appointment and include height, weight, body mass index, blood pressure, and/or percent body fat. For an appointment contact:
Marilyn Holmes at (615) 343-2638 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Vanderbilt University and Medical Center faculty/staff should have their biometrics through Health Plus located in the Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center.
Boxing at the Rec: Level 1
Have fun learning the art of boxing while getting fit. This 6-week class meets Tuesdays and Thursdays, January 22 – February 28. "Boxing at the Rec" is a non-contact class taught by USA Boxing Coach and certified personal trainer Tramaine Crook. Participants should come to class prepared with boxing gloves and hand wraps. Registration is required at rec.vanderbilt.edu. Registration is open January 7 – 18. Space is limited.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:30-5:25 PM Studio A
- Winter: January 22 – February 28 (Registration is open January 7-18)
- Spring: March 12 – April 18 (Registration is open February 18 – March 1)
Boxing at the Rec: Level 2
Take your boxing skills to the next level with Boxing at the Rec: Level 2. This class meets Mondays and Wednesdays, January 23 - February 27 and is for those who have participated in the Level 1 class. Participants will master punches, blocks, combos and learn to move like a pro boxer. This 6-week, non-contact class is taught by USA Boxing Coach and certified personal trainer Tramaine Crook. Participants who have completed Boxing at the Rec: Level 1 are eligible to register. Class attendees should come prepared with boxing gloves and hand wraps. Registration is required at rec.vanderbilt.edu. Registration is open January 7 – 18. Space is limited.
Mondays & Wednesdays 4:30-5:25 PM Studio A
- Winter: January 23 – February 27 (Registration is open January 7-18)
- Spring: March 11 – April 17 (Registration is open February 18 – March 1)
Registration requires each participant to have a Rec account. When registering for clinics, the registration must be completed under the participants’ account.
- If you are a student/Rec member, you already have an account and you can log-in to register for the class.
- If you are not a VU student or member, please create an account at https://rec.vanderbilt.edu/Account/Register by selecting the “Sign Up” button. Once you have created an account, you will be able to register for the course under the participant’s account.
Vandy Walks is a combined walking and lecture series brought to you by The Rec and Health Plus. Throughout the spring and summer months, walks are offered featuring various aspects of the Vanderbilt University campus, such as its buildings and their architectural design, sculptures, and more.
More information on 2019 Vandy Walks events coming soon. For additional information, contact
Lisa Smith at
- Wednesday, April 17, 4-4:45 pm Alumni Lawn
- Thursday, April 18, 4-4:45 pm Wyatt Lawn