Registration is open to Vanderbilt students!
All group fitness class will be held outdoors on Rec Field 2. Please review the guidelines and policies before registering.
For more information about the health and safety of the Vanderbilt community you can visit the Return to Campus website.
Vandy Rec Fall Fitness Challenges – Registration begins October 5
Fitness challenges are a great way to try something new, set a personal training goal, challenge yourself and stay motivated to do some type of daily exercise.
Complete 2 out of 5 of the weekly challenges and receive a free t-shirt
Complete all 5 of the weekly challenges and receive a Vandy Rec draw-string bag, water bottle and sweat towel
Set your Goal and Stay Motivated - Register Now for the weekly Fitness Challenges!
October 12 – 17: Jumping Jacks Challenge 50/day
Complete 50 jumping jacks on 6 consecutive days and submit tracking sheet October 18
October 19 – 24: Push Up Challenge 25/day
Complete 25 push-ups (any style) on 6 consecutive days and submit tracking sheet October 25
October 26 – 31: Air Squat Challenge 50/day
Complete 50 body weight squats on 6 consecutive days and submit tracking sheet November 1
November 2- 6: Plank Challenge One minute/day
Hold a plank position for 1 minute on 6 consecutive days and submit tracking sheet November 7
November 9 – 14: Burpee Challenge 25/day
Complete 25 burpees on 6 consecutive days and submit tracking sheet November 14
Vandy Rec Run/Walk Challenge
Run 15 miles or Walk 10 miles/week for 5 weeks
Program starts October 5, 2020 and ends on November 8, 2020
Registration Sept 25 – Oct 6
Participants who walk/run 10/15 miles each week will receive a T-shirt
Participants must comply with all Vanderbilt University health protocols
Class dates, times, and registration:
- Participants must register before attending class
- Class size is limited to 9 participants
- Registration is on a first come first served basis
- Registration for the group fitness classes are weekly - 7 days in advance of class day and time
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to Rec Field 2
- You will line up 6 feet apart
- Bring your ID
- Wear your mask at all times
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all time while outdoors
- Face masks must be worn at all times while outdoors with limited exceptions; one of these exceptions is while engaged in vigorous solo outdoor recreation, such as biking or running, or under the supervision of staff or instructors, such as an outdoor fitness class through the Recreation and Wellness Center
- All programs are subject to reduced class time, changes, or cancellation due to weather, extreme heat, instructor wellbeing, etc.
- If you no show two times within a week, you will not be allowed to participate for a whole future week of classes
- If you arrive 5 minutes after the start of a class, you will not be allowed to enter the field
- If you do not arrive with a mask and/or follow safety instructions you will be asked to leave the field and can lose future class privileges
- You must bring your own towel, mat, water bottle, sunglasses, sunscreen lotion/spray, etc.
- You will be assigned a painted numbered circle on the field
- You will go to the standard with a sign that identifies your class
- Upon completion of the class, you will mask up and head out
- You must social distance to and from the fields
- A mask must be worn to access the restroom
- We will have hand sanitizer at each entry
- Bleachers will be inaccessible except for placing personal items
- A water refill station will be provided