Rapid-Advance MicroGrant Program (RAMP)
RAMP awards are designed for smaller-scale funding opportunities that require a rapid response, allowing faculty to innovate in the moment and to seize strategic and time-sensitive opportunities as they arise.
- This program provides support ranging from $500 to $5,000 as the budget allows, with smaller requests encouraged.
RAMP funds have been used used to:
- Support the development of creative works
- Acquire materials for research or projects, including wages for student researchers
- Travel to either meet with collaborators or bring them to Vanderbilt
Eligibility and Terms
- All full-time, VU-employed (Provost-reporting) faculty are eligible.
- Faculty may submit up to one proposal per fiscal year as lead faculty.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider how their proposal advances inclusive excellence.
- Funds may not be used to support faculty salary.
- Faculty are not eligible to submit another proposal until all reporting requirements have been met.
- Each participating faculty member must disclose all institutional research support funds, including endowed-chair funds, annual allocations, and other such sources.
- All funds must be used within the awarded period (i.e. no carry forward).
Proposals will be accepted on a monthly basis July through May. Proposals will undergo an administrative review; applications are reviewed for alignment with the program and allowable funding uses.
RAMP applications will enter into review on the below dates:
No review in June
Application and Proposal Information
Link to Application Portal for FY 2023 RAMP
- Lead Faculty First and Last Name
- Lead Faculty VUnetID
- Lead Faculty Department
- Lead Faculty Appointment Title
- Collaborators (up to 4 faculty)
- Proposal Title
- Project Summary (100 words)
- Project Proposal including detailed description of work to be completed. Discuss the overarching theme, research question, area of scholarship or creative expression to be addressed. Detail the timeliness and/or time-sensitivity of the funding. Review project timeline and how funds will be used. (750 words)
- Significance and impact of the work/scholarship on the field, the community, the university and/or the faculty involved. (250 words)
- Outline the anticipated outcome and note any future activities or projects this funding would facilitate. (250 words)
- Disclose current internal funding for all VU faculty involved. Each participating faculty member must disclose all institutional support funds, including endowed-chair funds, annual allocations, and other such sources. If none, please put N/A.
- Total funding requested
- Detailed budget
- Optional supporting image attachment. Such attachments are only for images or graphics that cannot be included in the program description text box.
- NOTE: Additional written content or files will not be reviewed
For more information about RAMP, please contact email@example.com.