WAVE Subcommittee on Compensation Equity
The Compensation Equity subcommittee will examine compensation equity for tenured, tenure track, and non-tenure track faculty. It will also examine compensation equity for post-doctoral fellows, with additional attention to equity among trainees, staff, and visiting post-docs.
- Stella Child, Postdoctoral Scholar of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, and Vanderbilt Postdoctoral Association Treasurer
- Brent Evans, Assistant Professor of Public Policy and Higher Education
- John McLean, Stevenson Professor of Chemistry; Faculty Senate Chair
- Allison Schachter, Associate Professor of English and Jewish Studies (chair)
- Is there compensation equity at Vanderbilt as defined above and along all categories?
- What best practices can be put in place to prevent future compensation inequity?
- Statistical analysis of existing salary data
- Analysis of equity in sample departments with data beyond that held by the Office for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness , or PIE (formerly VIRG), including lab support, salary supplements, and other forms of research support
- A final report that analyzes the data and makes recommendations for the future
Spring – Summer 2019
- Design salary study
2019 – 2020
- Study design to look beyond base salary
- Analyze salary study findings
- Publish final findings and possible recommendations