Dean of the Graduate School Search
Search complete: Mark Wallace named dean of the Graduate School
Reporting to the Office of the Provost, the Dean of the Graduate School is the chief administrator for all graduate programs within the university’s schools and colleges. The Graduate School is the pathway and official school of record for graduate student applications, admissions, registration and enrollment, monitoring and recording of academic progress and milestones (residency, qualifying examinations, candidacy, defense of dissertation), and the awarding of degrees. In addition, the Graduate School Dean oversees offices of diversity, professional development, placement, and postdoc affairs. The dean will also be responsible for implementing the priorities identified by the Graduate Education Study Group.
Candidates for Vanderbilt’s Dean of the Graduate School should have a distinguished record as a scholar and teacher, should have a PhD or an equivalent doctorate, and should be a tenured, full professor.
Call for Nominations and Applications
Interested candidates should submit a single PDF including a C.V. and a statement of interest that includes a vision for graduate education broadly, guiding principles for decision making, and their commitment to and experience in graduate education. The PDF should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 1, 2015.
- Camilla Benbow, Search Committee Chair, Patricia Rodes Hart Dean of Education and Human Development, Peabody College
- Joey Barnett, assistant dean, physician-researcher training; director, office of medical student research; professor and acting chair of pharmacology, School of Medicine
- Paul DeHart, professor of theology; chair of The Graduate Department of Religion
- Katharine Donato, professor of sociology
- Kane Jennings, professor and chair department of chemical and biomolecular engineering
- Leolene Jean, graduate student, biological sciences
- Katherine Hartmann, associate dean for clinical and translational scientist development; deputy director, Institute For Medicine And Public Health; director, graduate studies in epidemiology,director, Women’s Health Research; professor of obstetrics and gynecology and medicine
- Keivan Stassun, senior associate dean for graduate education and research, College of Arts and Science; professor of physics and astronomy; director, Vanderbilt Initiative in Data-Intensive Astrophysics; founding director, Fisk-Vanderbilt Master’s-to-Ph.D. Bridge Program;
- Amie Thurber, graduate student, human and organizational development
- Tiffiny Tung, director of graduate studies and associate professor, department of anthropology