Center for Student Professional Development Executive Director
The Executive Director will have the opportunity to create a new strategic plan for the center, re-branding it to reflect its career preparation emphasis; to revise the staffing structure and current industry cluster delivery model consistent with emerging best practices in Vanderbilt’s peer universities; to develop sequenced co-curricular career discernment and professional readiness programs, including a significant First-Year Experience component; to institute assessment metrics that demonstrate the Center’s effectiveness and measure alumni career outcomes and satisfaction; to partner with the Graduate School, professional programs and the new Innovation Center in optimizing employer access to Vanderbilt talent; and, in close collaboration with Development and Alumni Relations, to expand employer outreach and partnerships with alumni, parents and corporate entities.
The committee will look for a candidate who is—or who will quickly become recognized as—a field-leading career development officer. Applications from individuals with experience in university career services, corporate university relations, human resources, institutional advancement, alumni affairs and professional services are encouraged. The successful candidate will evidence the capacity to work effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds to promote an inclusive campus and community culture.
Review of candidate materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment. A complete application will include a letter of interest, a curriculum vitae or résumé and contact information for five professional referees who can speak about the candidate’s qualifications for this position. Expressions of interest, applications, nominations and inquiries should be directed to Vanderbilt’s search consultant, Chuck O’Boyle of C. V. O’Boyle, LLC, at email@example.com.
- John Geer, Vice Provost of Academic and Strategic Affairs, chair
- Dan Morgan, Associate Dean, College of Arts and Science
- Ursula (Monique) Robinson-Nichols, Associate Dean for Students & Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, Peabody College of Education and Human Development
- Lauren Obersteadt, Executive Director, Alumni and Student Engagement
- Ruth Schemmer, Assistant Dean, The Graduate School
- Christopher (Kitt) Carpenter, Professor of Economics, College of Arts & Science
- Douglas Christiansen, Vice Provost for University Enrollment Affairs, Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid
- Candice Lee, Senior Associate Athletic Director
- Vanessa Beasley, Dean of the Martha Ingram Commons
- Cynthia Paschal, Associate Dean of the School of Engineering
- Read McNamara, Assistant Dean, Corporate Partnerships, Owen Graduate School of Management