Sports and Society Micro-Grant Program – Eligibility and Guidelines
Eligibility and Guidelines
- All full-time, VU-employed (Provost-reporting) faculty are eligible. Non-tenure track faculty must obtain approval from their dean.
- Faculty may submit one proposal per year as lead faculty.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider how their proposal advances inclusive excellence.
- Funds may not be used to support faculty salary.
- Faculty who receive a Sports & Society Micro-Grant award are not eligible to submit another proposal (as lead faculty) until their current award is complete and all reporting requirements have been met.
- Awards are based partly on need. As a result, each participating faculty member must disclose institutional resources available in the form of start-up funds or other discretionary research funds. All institutional research-support funds must be noted, including endowed-chair funds, annual allocations and other such sources.
- All funds must be used within the fiscal year they are awarded.