Rapid Advancement Micro-Grant Program Awards (RAMP)
RAMP Awards are designed for smaller-scale funding opportunities that require a rapid-response, allowing faculty to innovate in the moment and to seize strategic and time-sensitive opportunities as they arise.
Examples of fund use may include travel to meet with collaborators or bring them to campus, to acquire materials for research or projects, or to support the development of creative works.
The program will provide support from $500 to $3,000, as the budget allows, with smaller requests encouraged.
- All full-time, VU-employed (Provost-reporting) faculty are eligible.
- Faculty may submit up to one proposal per year as lead faculty.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider how their proposal advances inclusive excellence.
- Funds may not be used to support faculty salary.
- Faculty are not eligible to submit another proposal until all reporting requirements have been met.
- Awards are based partly on need. As a result, each participating faculty member must disclose institutional resources available in the form of start-up funds or other discretionary research funds. All institutional research-support funds must be noted, including endowed-chair funds, annual allocations and other such sources.
- All funds must be used within the fiscal year for which the funding is awarded (i.e. no carry forward).
- Proposals will be accepted on a rolling bases each year, beginning July 1 through early May, with reviews occurring monthly.
- Proposals will undergo an administrative review – applications are reviewed for alignment with the program and allowable funding uses.
Application and review processes will launch in May 21, 2021, with funding available on July 1, 2021. Reviews will take place monthly.
- Lead Faculty First Name
- Lead Faculty Last Name
- Lead Faculty VUnetID
- Lead Faculty Department
- Lead Faculty Appointment Title
- Collaborators (up to 4 faculty)
- Proposal Title
- Project Summary (100 words)
- Project proposal and detailed description of work to be completed. Discuss the overarching theme, research question, area of scholarship or creative expression to be addressed. Detail the timeliness and/or time-sensitivity of the funding. Review project timeline and how funds will be used (750 words)
- Significance and impact of the work/scholarship on the field, the community, the university and/or the faculty involved (250 words)
- Outline the anticipated outcome and note any future activities or projects this funding would facilitate (250 words)
- Disclosure of current internal resources for all VU faculty involved. Each participating faculty member must disclose all institutional research-support funds, including endowed-chair funds, annual allocations and other such sources. If none, please put N/A
- Total funding requested
- Detailed Budget
- Optional Supporting Image Attachment
Attachments are only for images or graphics that cannot be included in the program description text box.
NOTE: Additional written content, PDF or file versions of your proposal will not be reviewed.
For more information about the program or the proposal process:
Project and Program Manager