WAVE COVID-19 Task Force
The WAVE COVID-19 Task Force will work to address faculty and postdoc gender equity concerns brought on by the constraints of the pandemic.
Women of academia have been disproportionately affected by the constraints of the pandemic. Increased childcare responsibilities and disrupted work and research environments are just a few of the challenges women in the Vanderbilt community are working to overcome. The WAVE COVID-19 Task Force is committed to understanding how to best support and serve the women of Vanderbilt during this challenging time.
Vanderbilt Pandemic-Related Support Programs
- Vanderbilt Strong Faculty Grant Program
- Employee COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund
- Childcare Opportunities
- Cindy Kam, William R. Kenan Jr. professor of political science, College of Arts and Science
- Catherine Gavin Loss, associate professor of the practice of leadership, policy and organizations, Peabody College of Education and Human Development
- Rory Dicker, director, Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center
- Jennifer Shinall, professor of law, Vanderbilt Law School
- Pandemic Imperils Promotions for Women in Academia – NY Times
- Challenges for the female academic during the COVID-19 pandemic – The Lancet
- Tenure and promotion after the pandemic – Science
- No Room of One’s Own – Inside Higher ED
- Women’s research plummets during lockdown – but articles from men increase – The Guardian