Utilizing the input compiled from committees across Vanderbilt's ten schools and colleges, this committee will work together with the Provost to prepare a set of recommendations for the Chancellor on how to deploy a proposed endowment fund for graduate education and research (first set into action during the Fall Faculty Assembly).
Deriving an action plan from strategic planning at the intersection of disciplines, the overarching goal of the investment is to truly propel the university to excellence in graduate education.
- Houston Baker, Distinguished University Professor, professor, English, College of Arts & Science;
- Cindy Kam, William R. Kenan, Jr. chair, professor, political science, College of Arts & Science;
- Christopher Loss, Chancellor Faculty Fellow, associate professor, public policy and higher education, Peabody College;
- Antonis Rokas, Cornelius Vanderbilt Chair, professor, biological sciences, College of Arts and Science;
- Choon-Leong Seow, Distinguished Professor of Hebrew Bible; Vanderbilt, Buffington, Cupples Professor of Divinity, Divinity School;
- Mark Wallace, dean, Graduate School; Louis B. McGavock chair, professor, hearing and speech science, School of Medicine; and
- Sharon Weiss, Chancellor Faculty Fellow, professor, electrical engineering, School of Engineering.