Immediate opening for a post-doctoral fellow position in the laboratory of Dr. Jeremy Goettel in The Department of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center
There is an immediate opening for a post-doctoral fellow position in the laboratory of Dr. Jeremy Goettel in The Department of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville Tennessee. The Goettel lab utilizes translational approaches to study mucosal immunity in both murine and humanized murine systems. Specifically, we will characterize the role of IL-23R in intestinal immune homeostasis as well as develop humanized murine systems to assess therapeutic strategies that promote or restore intestinal health. This project involves working with mouse models, primary human immune cells, and established cell lines. Our lab is a member of the Digestive Disease Research Center (DDRC) and the Center for Mucosal Inflammation and Cancer (CMIC) and offers a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment with close interaction with other basic and clinical scientists. This opportunity is for a highly motivated creative individual who can drive projects and ideas forward and offer new insight and approaches that will contribute to our understanding of basic scientific questions.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
• A PhD with strong background in immunology and publication record
• Experience with in vitro and in vivo immunological assays is especially desirable
• Assist in training new graduate students and lab technicians
• Proficient in flow cytometry and data analysis, qPCR, molecular biology techniques
• Present data in lab and departmental meetings as well as national and international conferences
• Manuscript and grant writing
Please contact Jeremy Goettel with CV, cover letter and references.
|Jeremy Goettel, PhD